7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2013 10:01 PM by user100012345 RSS

Shutdown composite before SOA server goes down or shuts down

Hi,

i s there any ways where we can shutdown all the composites in a node before we shutdown SOA Node, and similarly bring up all composites after SOA node is up.

--

Shirish
        • 1. Re: Shutdown composite before SOA server goes down or shuts down
          user100012345
          I am not sure on the exact requirement you have but i believe this is what you are looking for.

In soa suite all the deployed services should be stored in MDS as abstract WSDL so that order of deployment doesn't matter when soa server start and stop.
          • 2. Re: Shutdown composite before SOA server goes down or shuts down
            Hi Actually my requirement is, I want to shut down all composites before shutting down SOA server. I plan to shutdown SOA server using the Weblogic admin console.

SImilarly i want to start the SOA server from Admin console, and make sure that the composites which were shutdown previously get started.

--

Thanks
            • 3. Re: Shutdown composite before SOA server goes down or shuts down
              Wajid Mehraj
              Hi,

You can override your python script for SOA server shutdown to include commands to stop Composites.

Python Script location which is called when you stop your soa_server1
              Oracle/Middleware/user_projects/domains/<domain_name>/shutdown.py

In case of soa_server1 running as a managed server you would need to check the server name to ensure invocation of script at the right place.

Example::

if [ "<server_name>" = "soa_server1" ] ; then
              //Python script to stop composites
              // refer this link for details
              http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E15586_01/web.1111/e13813/custom_soa.htm#CDEEEIAA
              fi
              else
              //
              fi

Do mark the question as answered in case you see your query resolved.
              Thanks,
              Wajid

Edited by: Wajid Mehraj on Apr 24, 2013 12:53 AM

Edited by: Wajid Mehraj on Apr 24, 2013 12:53 AM
              • 4. Re: Shutdown composite before SOA server goes down or shuts down
                You can also weblogic start and shutdown classes for this.This has however been deprecated but you can use it.
                http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E15586_01/apirefs.1111/e13952/taskhelp/startup_shutdown/ConfigureStartupAndShutdownClasses.html

Edited by: 988445 on Apr 24, 2013 7:52 AM
                • 5. Re: Shutdown composite before SOA server goes down or shuts down
                  Anuj Dwivedi-Oracle
                  Shirish,

First of all shutting down the composite is not a good idea as all the in-flight transactions will get affected because of it. SOA server internally makes sure to stop the composites before shutting down itself and starts them just after starting itself so you need not to interfere with it and if you will do so then you may end up having some trouble in production (specially if you have a high volume system).

If at all there is any specific reason behind doing so then let us know.

Regards,
                  Anuj
                  • 6. Re: Shutdown composite before SOA server goes down or shuts down
                    Hi Anuj,

Yes, actually we have special requirement when server starts, we have multiple composite which are dependent on each other, some process are like (External Application1 -> Composite1 - > Composite 2 -> Composite 3 -> External Application 2). SO in this scenario we want SOA to start composite in sequence i.e Composite 3, Composite 2, and then composite1.

--
                    Shirish
                    • 7. Re: Shutdown composite before SOA server goes down or shuts down
                      user100012345
                      I am not sure why exactly you want to shut down your process.

I believe you face an issue when server start and some of the dependent application are not up and this causes the main application to give an error.

Ideally abstract wsdl of the dependent composite should be stored in mds and in the main composite it should be referred from mds.

So even if your external application of dependent composite is not loaded the main composite will not fault.