This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2013 4:54 AM by Dude! RSS

Required  CVS Track RPM

954080 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi

I need to download the CVSTRACK RPM Package for Oracle Linux 5.6 Version without using Yum Repository.
Can anybody suggest how to get CVSTRACK RPM Package and How to install it.

Regards
Nagaraju Manchala
  • 1. Re: Required  CVS Track RPM
    alvaromiranda Explorer
    for 64 bit, download the rpms from

http://public-yum.oracle.com/repo/OracleLinux/OL5/6/base/x86_64/

for 32 bit, from

http://public-yum.oracle.com/repo/OracleLinux/OL5/6/base/i386/

once you get the rpms

you can do

rpm -ivh <rpmname>

Alvaro.
  • 2. Re: Required  CVS Track RPM
    954080 Newbie
    Hi Alvaro

Thanks for your response. I am planning to install the CVS Track RPM without configuring the YUM Repository.
    The link you have given is having no.of RPM Packages, in which Iam unable to identify the RPM which suitable to CVS Track.
    Can you please, provide me the exact RPM Name which would helpful to me.

Regards
    Nagaraju Manchala
  • 3. Re: Required  CVS Track RPM
    Dude! Guru
    YUM is the standard package manager for RHEL based Linux. It resolves software dependencies and prevents you from installing conflicting software. There is no logical reason not to use YUM to install any software. Perhaps you are not aware that YUM does not necessarily rely on a software repository located on the Oracle Public YUM server, but can also use DVD or your local area network.

Regarding your product inquiry, please be more specific and give the exact product name, description and version you are searching for. Google does not find reasonable info about CVSTRACK for Linux.
  • 4. Re: Required  CVS Track RPM
    alvaromiranda Explorer
    maybe he is referring to trac the control version software

if yes, then you need to go to trac website and follow the instructions/

From what I saw are tar.gz files and not rpm availables.
  • 5. Re: Required  CVS Track RPM
    954080 Newbie
    Hi

we have installed CVS on Linux System to maintain the project versioning. Now, we need to install the CVSTRAC to monitor the CVS Repositories Using the WebConsole.
    Iam trying to find how to install the cvs track on oracle linux. but, iam unable to find the RPM/Software related to CVSTRAC. Can you please, suggest me for the same.

Regards
    Nagaraju Manchala
  • 6. Re: Required  CVS Track RPM
    Dude! Guru
    http://www.cvstrac.org/index.html/doc/trunk/www/index.html

There does not seem to be any RPM package available, and apparently not necessary since you can copy the application anywhere you would like. Check the download, compile and install links.
  • 7. Re: Required  CVS Track RPM
    954080 Newbie
    Hi Dude      ,

Thanks for your response. I followed the steps according the link you have given. it is successfully completed. I have logged in with the setup & setup credentials & added new user. then logged in with the newly created user to access the project. But, Iam getting the below error while accessing the Project from the Browse link through the cvstrac Web Interface (http://<localhost>:<port>/<ProjectName>/login).

Could you please, help me with the below Issue.
    Database Error
    db_execute: Database execute failed

UPDATE config SET value=4445617 WHERE name='historysize'

Reason: database is locked

Regards
    Nagaraju Manchala
  • 8. Re: Required  CVS Track RPM
    Dude! Guru
    Did you check syslog /var/log/messages for any information? Perhaps it's a problem with SELinux. Otherwise, sorry, no idea. You may have to find another forum to discuss cvstrac issues or check the product documentation.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points