5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2013 12:17 PM by user346369 RSS

Development related question

Aasubram-Oracle
      Hi All,

Kindly help me in this regard.

WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger has been defined both in item level and form level. Execution hierarchy of this trigger woud be like

Form level- After
      Item Level - Before.

In WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED of item level(BLOCK1.BTN1) i'll be calling another block(Say for example BLOCK2.ITEM1).

When i check the SYSTEM.TRIGGER_ITEM in both the form level and item level...Item Level Returns the value as BLOCK1.BTN1, whereas the form level returns the value as BLOCK2.ITEM1....

All what i need is to display only BLOCK1.BTN1 since i'm clicking this button alone... Both form level and item level to show the same value....

Any idea on how to proceed with this? Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers,
      Anand
        • 1. Re: Development related question
          InoL
          What is your problem here?
          In WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED of item level(BLOCK1.BTN1) i'll be calling another block
          So, you have a GO_BLOCK here? If that works, isn't that all you want?
          Can you show us your code and the problem you have with it?
          • 2. Re: Development related question
            CraigB
            All what i need is to display only BLOCK1.BTN1 since i'm clicking this button alone... Both form level and item level to show the same value....
            Sounds like you have a GO_BLOCK or GO_ITEM in your BLOCK1.BTN1 When-Button-Pressed (WBP) trigger. That being the case, what you are seeing is expected because you moved the cursor to a different item.
            Is this causing a problem with the Form Level WBP?
            Any idea on how to proceed with this?
            Sure, when processing is complete in the BLOCK1.BTN1 WBP trigger make sure you send the cursor back to the BLOCK1.BTN1 item if your Form Level WBP needs it there.

Hope this helps,
            Craig...
            • 3. Re: Development related question
              Aasubram-Oracle
              Thanks a lot for your response. You have answered the question. Thank you.
              • 4. Re: Development related question
                CraigB
                Glad I could help! Happy coding...
                Craig B-)
                • 5. Re: Development related question
                  user346369
                  Well, that is a bizarre "feature".

One would think :System.Trigger_Item would always report the original trigger button used to start the process. But apparently after navigating to a different location within the item-level WBP trigger, the higher level WBP trigger "forgets" what button started the process, and reports the cursor location (:System.Cursor_Item) as the value in :System.Trigger_item.