This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
does this help?
Oracle WebLogic Server 11g (10.3.3) System Requirements
Oracle WebLogic Server supports a number of platforms including:
– Sun Solaris
– Windows 2000, 2003 Server, XP
– At least one 1 GHz CPU is recommended.
– Intel and UNIX processors are supported.
• Hard disk drive:
– A full installation requires approximately 2 GB of disk space.
– The Linux value for file descriptors must be 4096 or greater.
– Samples are optional (download from OTN).
– A minimum of 2 GB RAM is recommended for WebLogic
– Consider the number of simultaneous users and sessions.
– Consider in-memory programs, such as Coherence.
The following are some of the basic system requirements for Oracle WebLogic Server 10.3.3:
• The Oracle WebLogic Server installer requires a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) to run.
Oracle WebLogic Server is certified with JDK6.0. As part of the installation, it gives the option
to install the JRockit JDK 6.0 version. As part of postinstallation, prefix the bin directory of
the JDK to the PATH environment variable.
• The Oracle WebLogic Server installer requires a temporary location in which to unpack the
files. Typically, the installer requires approximately 2.5 times the amount of temporary space
that is required by the installed files.
Note: In this release of WebLogic Server, users can choose which components of WebLogic Server
they use. Specifically, this release allows users to choose whether the Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB),
Java Message Service (JMS), and J2CA services are started when WebLogic Server is started. The
benefit of excluding some services is reduced memory footprint and reduced startup time.