4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2013 11:28 AM by fe8f727b-ee0c-42c7-aef0-36f07bb72dd5 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

FRM-92095

Hi,

I am working on windows 7 64 bit.
      I have problem with running the form. I got the message FRM-92095 Oracle Jinitiator version too low.

I have tried two things but still it is not working: 1- I added this parameter to java runtime parameters:
      -Djava.vendor="Sun Microsystems Inc."

2- In runtime, application server url: http://127.0.01:8889/forms/frmservlet?config=jpi
        • 1. Re: FRM-92095
          HamidHelal
          1002335 wrote:
          Hi,
          Welcome to the Oracle Forums. Please take a few minutes to review the following:

<ul>
          <li>Oracle Forums FAQ
          <li>Before posting on this forum please read
          <li>10 Commandments for the OTN Forums Member
          <li>How to ask questions the smart way
          </ul>

Following these simple guidelines will ensure you have a positive experience in any forum; not just this one!
          I am working on windows 7 64 bit.
          You also have to provide your JRE version, browser name and version, of course forms or application server version.
          Without the above information it's hard to say anything.
          I have problem with running the form. I got the message FRM-92095 Oracle Jinitiator version too low.

I have tried two things but still it is not working: 1- I added this parameter to java runtime parameters:
          -Djava.vendor="Sun Microsystems Inc."

2- In runtime, application server url: http://127.0.01:8889/forms/frmservlet?config=jpi
          It's issue of in-compatible JRE and form version.

Hamid
          • 2. Re: FRM-92095
            Matthew D.
            On your system you must create environment variable JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS and set value -Djava.vendor="Sun Microsystems Inc.".
            This solution is only for Windows 7 machines.

Regards
            • 3. Re: FRM-92095
              CraigB

What is your Forms version?  The Oracle Jinitiator is too old or Windows 7.  That's like trying to put an engine from Ford Model T in a Ferri.  They are just not made for each other!

You should be using the latest Oracle (Sun) Java Runtime 1.6 or 1.7 (depending on your Forms version).

When using the JPI (Java Plug-In) you must have the Oracle Java Runtime installed - not the Oracle Jinitiator.

Please tell what Forms version (eg: Forms 11.1.2.0.0 not Forms 11g).  How are you running your form?  Are you running it from the Forms Builder or running it from an application server?

Craig...

• 4. Re: FRM-92095
                fe8f727b-ee0c-42c7-aef0-36f07bb72dd5

Thank you mdra801108!

I had to do the following:
                (1) Go to Control Panel -> system -> advanced system settings -> Environment Variables -> New System Variable -> and set a new environment variable name JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS with value -Djava.vendor="Sun Microsystems Inc."
                (2) Verify that in Control Panel -> (tab) Java -> View... -> (tab) System, under Runtime Parameters we see the -Djava.vendor="Sun Microsystems Inc."
                (3) Restart Internet Explorer

Then the app that was giving me the problem started working!  This worked on both a Windows 8 system and on a Windows 7 SP1 system, with only the latest version of Java 7 (25) installed.