This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2013 10:57 PM by Subramanian Meyyappan RSS

About Result Set

Subramanian Meyyappan Expert
Currently Being Moderated
hi folks,

am using jsp to display the records from the db via jdbc credentials. ok. i had doubt regarding result set in java..

In my jsp page i show the records "form" entry format. while loading the page. i used while(rs.next() operation) to get the records from the db. and i fill into the form fields..

say as eg : employee id: 900

employee name : zzz

ok. what is my problem.? while am loading the page it fill all of the records and it showing the last record.
if suppose while am pressing next button in jsp page. what happen means.. it fill some null value.

when gave a look to that operation.
i already get last record when page loads. if i hit next button means there is no such records. so it fills null value.

so my question is? when page loads i should load first record of query which i have. not last record...

thanks
  • 1. Re: About Result Set
    gimbal2 Guru
    Explaining it doesn't do anything. Show relevant code. Use \
     tags.                                                                                                                                                                                        
  • 2. Re: About Result Set
    939520 Explorer
    You also might consider carefully re-wording your entire question to clarify the issue as to what the problem is and what you were expecting. There was several sentences in your post that I couldn't follow (conveying technical information is often difficult).
  • 3. Re: About Result Set
    Subramanian Meyyappan Expert
    You also might consider carefully re-wording your entire question to clarify the issue as to what the problem is and what >you were expecting.
    yes, i do.
    There was several sentences in your post that I couldn't follow (conveying technical information is often difficult).
    yeah!. i feel it. while the volunteer read other side of the globe he/she may feel tough right. i dont give pain here after.

i did mistake around the resultset. then after i corrected from a wild search over the google.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points