This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2013 11:40 PM by Mihael Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Automated Maintenence Tasks
    salmanqureshi-2314430 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Thanks for your reply.
    As you see, in order to have 'ONCE PER WINDOW', ATTR_KETCL field should be changed.
    This is what you are saying, how can i verify that you are saying correct? I am actually looking for some documentation about what you are saying. Any document about "X$KETCL". Any document which says that ATTR_KETCL attribute can't be changed? No idea what is being displayed in A1 and A2 columns etc.
    Appreciate if you can explain this.

Salman
  • 16. Re: Automated Maintenence Tasks
    Mihael Pro
    As you see, in order to have 'ONCE PER WINDOW', ATTR_KETCL field should be changed.
    This is what you are saying, how can i verify that you are saying correct? I am actually looking for some documentation about what you are saying. Any document about "X$KETCL". Any document which says that ATTR_KETCL attribute can't be changed? No idea what is being displayed in A1 and A2 columns etc.
    Appreciate if you can explain this.
    Hi,
    X$KETCL is internal memory structure. There is no official documentation on it. But when you try to update such view, you will get
    "ORA-02030: can only select from fixed tables/views".
    More over, when you start the instance in "nomount" mode, you already can select from them. You can guess, that data in these views can depend on system or session parameters, but not on data dictionary.
    Did you get info from Oracle Support?
  • 17. Re: Automated Maintenence Tasks
    Did you get info from Oracle Support?
    Not yet, level 3 SR takes longer time to get and update, sometimes.

Salman
  • 18. Re: Automated Maintenence Tasks
    Hi,
    Oracle support says that currently it is not possible to change this settings, so we would need to go for alternate options likce changing ths window setting for auto tasks. Thanks for your support and help.

SAQ
  • 19. Re: Automated Maintenence Tasks
    Mihael Pro
    Oracle support says that currently it is not possible to change this settings, so we would need to go for alternate options likce changing ths window setting for auto tasks. Thanks for your support and help.
    Thank you. Another workaround can be - disable this task and manually gather statistics with dbms_stats and dbms_scheduler.
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points