This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2013 1:37 AM by Paul M. RSS

Upgrade Oracle forms and reports to 11g

misterimran Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear Friends,

Currently I have a setup of Oracle 10gR2 development environment on windows and forms are published to the web using Oracle Application Server 10gR2 on Linux. Our database is 10gR2 RAC on Linux.

Now we want to upgrade to forms 11gR2. We are in the planning stage and I have few questions that i need to ask you experts.

What my plans is:

Create oracle 11gR2 development environment first. Install Oracle Developer Suite 11gR2 on all developers machine to compile the forms and reports already developed in 10gR2.

Install Oracle Fusion Middleware on Linux to publish forms and reports.

I need to know if:

We can run forms and reports developed or compiled in Oracle 11gR2 directly in the Oracle Application Server 10gR2?

What is the best way to migrate thousands of forms and reports in minimum time?

Or there is any other solution that I can plan for this migration. Need your comments and help in this regard.

Thanks,
Imran
  • 1. Re: Upgrade Oracle forms and reports to 11g
    Paul M. Oracle ACE
    We did the same recently, but we didn't install any development environment for 11g, we just recompile forms and libraries on 11g with no problems (our Forms&Reports applications run on both 10g and 11g environments).
    We can run forms and reports developed or compiled in Oracle 11gR2 directly in the Oracle Application Server 10gR2?
    No, but you shouldn't need that.
  • 2. Re: Upgrade Oracle forms and reports to 11g
    misterimran Newbie
    Thanks for your reply Paul.

If you did the same can you kindly share your experience.

By development environment 11g I mean, I am a developer I have to install Oracle Developer Suite 11gR2 to compile all the forms and reports and libraries I have developed in 10g.

For Application Server, you are saying that your forms 11gR2 and 10gR2 both run in Oracle Application Server 10g? If not than What are you using?

Regards, Imran
  • 3. Re: Upgrade Oracle forms and reports to 11g
    Paul M. Oracle ACE
    I have to install Oracle Developer Suite 11gR2 to compile all the forms and reports and libraries I have developed in 10g.
    That's not necessary, the Fusion Middleware 11g deployment configuration includes the compiler (as 10g AS already did).
    you are saying that your forms 11gR2 and 10gR2 both run in Oracle Application Server 10g?
    Not exactly, all our forms are developed in 10g (some even in 6i, since we still have some client/server customers), and then compiled in 11g.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points