3 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2013 2:13 PM by user8604530 RSS

Delete from 95 million rows table ...

user8604530
      Hi folks, need to delete from a 95 millions rows regular table, what should be my best options, have tried CTAS using parallel, but it failed after 1+ hrs ... it was due to bad query, but checking is there any other way to achieve this.

Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: Delete from 95 million rows table ...
          sb92075
          user8604530 wrote:
          Hi folks, need to delete from a 95 millions rows regular table, what should be my best options, have tried CTAS using parallel, but it failed after 1+ hrs ... it was due to bad query, but checking is there any other way to achieve this.

Thanks in advance.
          how many rows in the table BEFORE the DELETE?
          how many rows in the table AFTER the DELETE?

How do I ask a question on the forums?
          SQL and PL/SQL FAQ

Handle:     user8604530
          Status Level:     Newbie
          Total Posts:     64
          Total Questions:     26 (22 unresolved)

I extend to you my condolences since you rarely get your questions answered.
          • 2. Re: Delete from 95 million rows table ...
            rp0428
            >
            >
            Have you tried this classic?
            DELETE FROM myTable WHERE . . .;
            You haven't provided your 4 digit Oracle version or any information about the number of rows in the table.

So why didn't you just run the CTAS after you fixed the 'bad query'?
            • 3. Re: Delete from 95 million rows table ...
              user8604530
              I did myself ;-)