This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2013 6:50 AM by Srini Chavali-Oracle RSS

Upgrade Oracle Database from 10g to 11g Using Datapump

user13289313 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello everyone,

I'm planning to upgrade our oracle database from 10g to 11g using datapump in windows environment. I used sql developer to execute the upgrade in TEST environment, i took full export from DB 10g and then i imported into DB 11g. but i faced many error during the import. So I attached the log file and I wait your help.

[Log File|https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14131772/IMPORT.LOG]
  • 1. Re: Upgrade Oracle Database from 10g to 11g Using Datapump
    Balazs Papp Expert
    Hi,

transfer only the real user schemas and skip the built-in users like SYSTEM, SYSMAN, OLAPSYS, TSMSYS, ANONYMOUS, MDDATA, MGMT_VIEW, OUTLN
    You can also skip the sample schemas: HR,OE, IX, SH, PM, BI, SCOTT
  • 2. Re: Upgrade Oracle Database from 10g to 11g Using Datapump
    user13289313 Newbie
    Thank you for your reply.

But is there any other way to move complete database using datapump without facing error.
  • 3. Re: Upgrade Oracle Database from 10g to 11g Using Datapump
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director
    No - if you perform complete exports and imports, such object existence errors are normal and expected.

HTH
    Srini
  • 4. Re: Upgrade Oracle Database from 10g to 11g Using Datapump
    user13289313 Newbie
    As for this error ORA-31684: Object type TYPE:"SYSMAN"."MGMT_JOB_STEP_LIST" already exists no problem with it.

but what about the below errors.

ORA-39083: Object type PROCACT_SYSTEM failed to create with error:
    ORA-20000: Incompatible version of Workspace Manager Installed
    Failing sql is:
    BEGIN
    declare ver varchar2(100) ; dummy integer; vdummy varchar2(30) ; compile_exception EXCEPTION; PRAGMA EXCEPTION_INIT(compile_exception, -06550); invalid_table EXCEPTION; PRAGMA EXCEPTION_INIT(invalid_table, -00942); procedure createErrorProc is begin execute immediate 'create or replace function system.wm$_check_install return boolean is begin return true ;
    Processing object type DATABASE_EXPORT/SYSTEM_PROCOBJACT/PROCOBJ
    ORA-39083: Object type PROCOBJ failed to create with error:

ORA-39325: TABLE_EXISTS_ACTION cannot be applied to "SYSMAN"."MGMT_METRIC_COLLECTIONS".

ORA-31693: Table data object "SYSMAN"."MGMT_JOB_CRED_PARAMS" failed to load/unload and is being skipped due to error:
    ORA-29913: error in executing ODCIEXTTABLEOPEN callout
    ORA-29400: data cartridge error
    ORA-39779: type "SYSMAN"."MGMT_JOB_VECTOR_PARAMS" not found or conversion to latest version is not possible

ORA-31693: Table data object "OLAPSYS"."CWM$CLASSIFICATION" failed to load/unload and is being skipped due to error:
    ORA-29913: error in executing ODCIEXTTABLEFETCH callout

ORA-39112: Dependent object type TRIGGER:"SYSMAN"."MGMT_SEVERITY_UPDATES" skipped, base object type TABLE:"SYSMAN"."MGMT_SEVERITY" creation failed

ORA-39148: unable to import data into pre-existing queue table "SYSMAN"."AQ$_MGMT_NOTIFY_QTABLE_G". Table_exists_action of APPEND being ignored for this table
  • 5. Re: Upgrade Oracle Database from 10g to 11g Using Datapump
    user13289313 wrote:
    As for this error ORA-31684: Object type TYPE:"SYSMAN"."MGMT_JOB_STEP_LIST" already exists no problem with it.

but what about the below errors.

ORA-39083: Object type PROCACT_SYSTEM failed to create with error:
    ORA-20000: Incompatible version of Workspace Manager Installed
    Failing sql is:
    BEGIN
    declare ver varchar2(100) ; dummy integer; vdummy varchar2(30) ; compile_exception EXCEPTION; PRAGMA EXCEPTION_INIT(compile_exception, -06550); invalid_table EXCEPTION; PRAGMA EXCEPTION_INIT(invalid_table, -00942); procedure createErrorProc is begin execute immediate 'create or replace function system.wm$_check_install return boolean is begin return true ;
    Processing object type DATABASE_EXPORT/SYSTEM_PROCOBJACT/PROCOBJ
    ORA-39083: Object type PROCOBJ failed to create with error:
    Pl see this MOS Doc

DtaPump Import (IMPDP) Errors ORA-39083 ORA-20000 When Incompatible Version Of Workspace Manager Is Installed [ID 730373.1]
    ORA-39325: TABLE_EXISTS_ACTION cannot be applied to "SYSMAN"."MGMT_METRIC_COLLECTIONS".

ORA-31693: Table data object "SYSMAN"."MGMT_JOB_CRED_PARAMS" failed to load/unload and is being skipped due to error:
    ORA-29913: error in executing ODCIEXTTABLEOPEN callout
    ORA-29400: data cartridge error
    ORA-39779: type "SYSMAN"."MGMT_JOB_VECTOR_PARAMS" not found or conversion to latest version is not possible

ORA-31693: Table data object "OLAPSYS"."CWM$CLASSIFICATION" failed to load/unload and is being skipped due to error:
    ORA-29913: error in executing ODCIEXTTABLEFETCH callout
    Are you using OLAP features ? If not, this can be ignored.

Information On Installed Database Components and Schemas [ID 472937.1]

>
    ORA-39112: Dependent object type TRIGGER:"SYSMAN"."MGMT_SEVERITY_UPDATES" skipped, base object type TABLE:"SYSMAN"."MGMT_SEVERITY" creation failed

ORA-39148: unable to import data into pre-existing queue table "SYSMAN"."AQ$_MGMT_NOTIFY_QTABLE_G". Table_exists_action of APPEND being ignored for this table
    Ignore all SYSMAN errors

HTH
    Srini
  • 6. Re: Upgrade Oracle Database from 10g to 11g Using Datapump
    user13289313 Newbie
    Dear Srini,

Can you please provide me the correct steps to upgrade DB without any error using datapump.
  • 7. Re: Upgrade Oracle Database from 10g to 11g Using Datapump
    One way to do this is to only export all of the needed user schemas, as has been pointed above by Balazs

HTH
    Srini

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points