This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2013 11:58 PM by SaiKiran89 RSS

FetchingData in Adftable changes values

SaiKiran89 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I am facing a problem in adf table.In adf table i am displaying comments data as shown below.

hi u r request is appr...
more

By clicking more it will be like

hi u r request is approved
please provide docs
less

Here i bind output text and link to bean and i called two methods like follows

private String truncateLenght= 3;
private Boolean moreVisible = true;
private Boolean lessVisible = false;

public String moreAction()
{
truncateLength = 0;
moreVisible = true;
lessVisible = false;
}
public String moreAction()
{
truncateLength = 0;
moreVisible = true;
lessVisible = false;
}

here when i click on more link moreAction will be performed and for first time entire table is loading (how to exclude this one) but the functionality is working properly for selected row only.

Here i am facing the problem after clicking more if i scroll the scroll bar in table for remaining rows it is showing fetching rows and more action is automatically performed for them..

How to get ride of these problem please provide me some suggestions please
  • 1. Re: FetchingData in Adftable changes values
    Frank Nimphius Employee ACE
    Hi,

tables are stamped at rendering which means that you have to refresh the table to show a change in the individual row cell value. Upon table rendering you can then show/hide comments or part of. In your code sample, the setting of More or Less text doesn't take the table row into consideration so that your code actually would need to check whether the rendering table row is the current row, and if it is show more or lesser information

Frank
  • 2. Re: FetchingData in Adftable changes values
    SaiKiran89 Newbie
    Hi thanx for u r reply.

Actually for me only selected row values are changing but whenever i scroll the tbale to up or down remianing rows will be fetched right? at that time what are the changes done to my curren row are applied to those newly fetched rows. Please give me solution for this.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points