5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2013 7:39 AM by 990410 RSS

Issue while refreshing Task flow

Hi,

I am facing following issue while implementing delete Option.

My Page containing the tree, and dynamic region.There is method to set the task flow id for the dynamic region.
      If we click on any of the tree node then it is setting the Pageflowscope variables.Based on these Pageflowscope variables, bounded task flow will display the data.Example if we click on city node,bounded task flow will display city information like wise we have county and state nodes.
      if we deleted city information,then our task flow should display the county information automatically and city node should be deleted from the tree.
      we have to refresh the bounded task flow to display the corresponding county information after deleting city. and tree is having partial trigger on the task flow , it will get refresh automatically when we refresh the task flow.
      while trying to refresh the task flow,control is going to a method which will set the task flow id for the dynamic region and setting the task flow id properly. after setting the our task flow id,control should go to task flow,But control is not going to task flow. so not able to refresh the task flow.

Can any one help me in refreshing the task flow and tree.
        • 1. Re: Issue while refreshing Task flow
          Frank Nimphius-Oracle
          Hi,

you don't give any information about how you partially refresh the region (settings of the region binding refresh condition). Can you try accessing the region component instance (cast it to RichRegion) and call refresh(FacesContet) on it ?

Frank
          • 2. Re: Issue while refreshing Task flow
            Hi frank,

Dynamic Region binding refresh condition is given as ifneeded. And we dont have access to the main Page to make any changes as it is the Core Page. They have given refresh option of dynamic region binding as Ifneeded. we have access to the only task flow which has two independent pages (federal and regional).
            Tree is having the Two parent nodes which are Federal and Regional. and Regional is having the child nodes which are State,County,City.

If i delete State then it will delete State,County,city information. i have to refresh task flow as it has to show federal after deleting the state information and also My left side tree should get refresh and has to show only Federal node. My requirement is to refresh my task flow to show up the correct information based on that tree also should get refresh.

Thanks,
            Koteswara
            • 3. Re: Issue while refreshing Task flow
              Frank Nimphius-Oracle
              Hi,

"ifNeeded" requires a changed input parameter to be passed using a named input parameter defined on the task flow binding. Otherwise refresh wont happen to the task flow.

Frank
              • 4. Re: Issue while refreshing Task flow
                Hi frank,

As i told when we click on any node in the tree, it will set the PageFlowScope variables (Using setActionListener). So my task flow is accepting parameters from pageFlowScope variables. Definitely taskflow will get refresh if we can change the node Values which will set the PageFlowScope variables.
                But if we click on City node in the tree it will set the PageFlowScope variables with city values and taskflow will accept city values and display the city components. now if we click on delete on City , Delete method will delete the city components.So there are no components in the database for city.Now i want to to display county values automatically with out clicking on County node which will set the Parameters for the County components. I tried manually setting the Pageflowscope variables with county values in the delete method. but taskflow is not refreshing even after manually changing the PageFlowScope variables in My bean method which will call the delete method in AM.

Regards,
                Koteswara Reddy Konala
                • 5. Re: Issue while refreshing Task flow

Edited by: 987407 on Apr 29, 2013 5:39 AM