This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2013 4:08 AM by Vijay Inani RSS

JDeveloper 11.1.1.6 and WLS 10.3.5 / 10.3.6

Vijay Inani Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Mates,

I have installed JDev 11.1.1.6.0. For SOA development, I have also added the SOA extension of the same version to JDev.
The JDev installer had an inbuild WLS version 10.3.5. I have also installed the SOA suite for 11.1.1.6.0

Now, as far I know, in the previous JDev releases, with every release, there used to be the next synched version of WLS too.

But, this is not the case with JDev 11.1.1.6.0.

Question: While doing development, I will be using WLS 10.3.5 i.e. integrated server and the libraries of it. But, during deployment, the server is on WLS 10.3.6.
What should I do so that during development also WLS version 10.3.6 is used?
What will be the impact of this mismatch in the development and deployment environment?

The Jdeveloper and WLS are installed in the same Middleware directory i.e. D:\Oracle\Middleware\JDeveloper and D:\Oracle\Middleware\Weblogic10.3

Please let me know if any additional input is needed.

Kindly clarify as the development is put on hold because of this.

Thanks and Regards,
Vijay Inani

Edited by: 968184 on Apr 29, 2013 9:19 AM
  • 1. Re: JDeveloper 11.1.1.6 and WLS 10.3.5 / 10.3.6
    EonvanTonder Explorer
    The integrated WLS packaged with JDev is not sufficient for SOA development. You need to install a separate wls (10.3.6 is certified with 11.1.1.6) and extend it with SOA. Here is a link to the official installation guide

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/install.1111/e14318/qisoa.htm

Latest certification info
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/jdev/index-091111.html

Another thing, use JRockit if you don't want to restart frequently.
  • 2. Re: JDeveloper 11.1.1.6 and WLS 10.3.5 / 10.3.6
    Vijay Inani Newbie
    Hi Eon,

Thanks for the document and the suggestion. It helped.

Now, I have installed standalone WLS1036 (64 bit version, wls1036_generic.jar) in another home D:\*Oracle6*\Middleware and extended it with SOA 11.1.1.6.0 . I have used 64 Bit JRockit version too > jrockit-jdk1.6.0_45-R28.2.7-4.1.0-windows-x64.exe

My JDev and WLS1035 are in D:\*Oracle*\Middleware

Question: While doing SOA development, I will be using JDev under D:\Oracle\Middleware. This will internally use the libraries from WLS1035 (bundled WLS)

But, while deployment, I will deploy on standalone WLS1036 under D:\Oracle6\Middleware . Will this not cause any libraries mismatch problem in the Dev and Deploy environments? Do I need to do any additional setup also? How do I use the WLS1036 (standalone one) with JDev 11.1.1.6.0 .

Hope I am clear. Please let me know if any additional input is required from me.

Thanks!

Regards,
    Vijay Inani
  • 3. Re: JDeveloper 11.1.1.6 and WLS 10.3.5 / 10.3.6
    EonvanTonder Explorer
    Hi Vijay,
    Question: While doing SOA development, I will be using JDev under D:\Oracle\Middleware. This will internally use the libraries from WLS1035 (bundled WLS)
    When you develop your application on JDev, it will use libraries from the soa extension. You will find them in JDEVELOPER_HOME\soa\modules (in your case it will be D:\*Oracle*\Middleware\jdeveloper\soa\modules)
    But, while deployment, I will deploy on standalone WLS1036 under D:\Oracle6\Middleware . Will this not cause any libraries mismatch problem in the Dev and Deploy environments?
    You are going to have more problems deploying to the wls packaged with JDev. ADF 11.1.1.6 is certified to run on 10.3.5 and 10.3.6 but not SOA according to the link in the previous post.
    Do I need to do any additional setup also? How do I use the WLS1036 (standalone one) with JDev 11.1.1.6.0 .
    You have to start the soa domain you created in D:\Oracle6\Middleware, create an application server connection to it in Jdev and then deploy your composite to this server.

This is a good blog entry on how this is done (for ADF but the basic principle is the same for any deployment archive)
    https://blogs.oracle.com/christomkins/entry/deploying_adf_applications_to
  • 4. Re: JDeveloper 11.1.1.6 and WLS 10.3.5 / 10.3.6
    Vijay Inani Newbie
    Thanks Eon ... !

I have done the same and its working fine now.

Thanks for all the help.

Regards,
    Vijay Inani

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points