This discussion is archived
14 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2013 11:51 PM by Mini RSS

How to refresh a page in apex, once it is loaded

Mini Journeyer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi friends,

I need to refresh the entire apex page automatically, once after the page is loaded. How to achieve this in apex.

Whether need to use any DA for the auto-refresh. If so, can you kindly help me with that guys.

Thanks

Brgds,
Mini
  • 1. Re: How to refresh a page in apex, once it is loaded
    Hari_639 Guru
    Mini wrote:
    Hi friends,

I need to refresh the entire apex page automatically, once after the page is loaded. How to achieve this in apex.

Whether need to use any DA for the auto-refresh. If so, can you kindly help me with that guys.

Thanks

Brgds,
    Mini
    But why? Why you want to refresh page that is just loaded?

Regards,
    Hari
  • 2. Re: How to refresh a page in apex, once it is loaded
    Mini Journeyer
    Hi Hari,

Thanks for the reply, i have some alignment in the region on page in which it is not working once the page is loaded. But after i press the Refresh F5 then those alignments in the page is working. Im not sure with this problem, so i thought of refresh that page automatically once it is loaded, instead of pressing F5.

Is it possible to achieve in apex, if so can you guide me with that.

Brgds,
    Mini
  • 3. Re: How to refresh a page in apex, once it is loaded
    fac586 Guru
    Mini wrote:
    Hi Hari,

Thanks for the reply, i have some alignment in the region on page in which it is not working once the page is loaded. But after i press the Refresh F5 then those alignments in the page is working. Im not sure with this problem, so i thought of refresh that page automatically once it is loaded, instead of pressing F5.

Congratulations! You've won the award for XY Question of the Week.

Try again, this time asking the real question...
  • 4. Re: How to refresh a page in apex, once it is loaded
    Hari_639 Guru
    Mini wrote:
    Hi Hari,

Brgds,
    Mini
    When I first read this thread it has lot of JSP code and you have mentioned you are launching apex page from EBS. Is this still valid for this question?

If so, when you launch apex page from EBS, do you see APEX URL in browser or EBS url?

However these type of issues are sometimes get fixed by clearing browser cache or just by restarting your browser. Have you tried it?

Regards,
    Hari
  • 5. Re: How to refresh a page in apex, once it is loaded
    Mini Journeyer
    Hi Hari,

Yes i have a apex page redirects from the ebs menu like you said. But for the refresh issue instead of modifying in the jsp i thought of bringing the automatic refresh for that apex page once it is loaded within apex.
    However these type of issues are sometimes get fixed by clearing browser cache or just by restarting your browser. Have you tried it?
    Yes i have tried, by clearing the browser cache and also by restarting the browser then too it still persist.

Any DA action will be helpful for refreshing that page for 1sec once it is loaded. Since i dont want it to be loaded multiple times often once it is loaded.
    The refresh has to be only once if the page is loaded.

or is it possible to Refresh the page based on the application page item through DA

Thanks

Brgds,
    Mini
  • 6. Re: How to refresh a page in apex, once it is loaded
    Hari_639 Guru
    Mini wrote:
    Hi Hari,

Yes i have a apex page redirects from the ebs menu like you said. But for the refresh issue instead of modifying in the jsp i thought of bringing the automatic refresh for that apex page once it is loaded within apex.
    Yes i have tried, by clearing the browser cache and also by restarting the browser then too it still persist.

Any DA action will be helpful for refreshing that page for 1sec once it is loaded. Since i dont want it to be loaded multiple times often once it is loaded.
    The refresh has to be only once if the page is loaded.

or is it possible to Refresh the page based on the application page item through DA

Thanks

Brgds,
    Mini
    Technically Yes, you can create a D.A. that will fire only once based on some apex page item or application item value. However this is NOT the correct solution.

<li> When you see apex page (after clicking menu in EBS), do you see apex url in browser address bar? Can you post the URL here?
    <li> If you directly log-in to APEX (not via EBS), do you still face this issue?

Regards,
    Hari
  • 7. Re: How to refresh a page in apex, once it is loaded
    Mini Journeyer
    Hi Hari,

+>> When you see apex page (after clicking menu in EBS), do you see apex url in browser address bar? Can you post the URL here?+

This is the URL which appears in the apex soon after i navigates from EBS menu
    http://hostname.com:7001/apex/f?p=109:1:1938486784171:APPS:::FSP_LANGUAGE_PREFERENCE:ar-kw
    +>>If you directly log-in to APEX (not via EBS), do you still face this issue?+

In the sense, soon after i logged into apex page from EBS menu if i clicked the Edit page of that page and again if i run means that page from the apex means i can get the correct alignment, even i can get the correct alignment if i navigates to my second page of the apex application.

The issue is that only the first page of the apex shows wrong alignment(i.e after navigating from ebs menu) if i navigates to the second page or refresh the first page means i can get the correct alignment.

I need that first apex page to refresh once it is redirected from the ebs menu.

Thanks

Brgds,
    Mini
  • 8. Re: How to refresh a page in apex, once it is loaded
    Hari_639 Guru
    If you directly log-in to APEX (not via EBS), do you still face this issue?
    You have not answered my question :)

When you log-in to APEX directly, not from EBS, i.e. enter following link in browser and log-in to this application. See if you get same issue.
    http://hostname.com:7001/apex/f?p=109:1
    Regards,
    Hari
  • 9. Re: How to refresh a page in apex, once it is loaded
    Mini Journeyer
    Hi Hari,

Yes, if i entered the below URL separately in the browser and if i tried means im getting the page with the correct alignment.
    http://hostname.com:7001/apex/f?p=109:1:6506885010062:APPS:::FSP_LANGUAGE_PREFERENCE:ar-kw
    Brgds,
    Mini
  • 10. Re: How to refresh a page in apex, once it is loaded
    Hari_639 Guru
    Mini wrote:
    Hi Hari,

Yes, if i entered the below URL separately in the browser and if i tried means im getting the page with the correct alignment.
    http://hostname.com:7001/apex/f?p=109:1:6506885010062:APPS:::FSP_LANGUAGE_PREFERENCE:ar-kw
    Brgds,
    Mini
    then problem is with your JSP code, try other methods for redirecting to apex page :) So try knocking doors at JSP forums or http://stackoverflow.com

Also you can try if you can use JS to redirect to APEX. See this, this

Once solved, you may post the solution here for other APEX developers :)

Regards,
    Hari
  • 11. Re: How to refresh a page in apex, once it is loaded
    Mini Journeyer
    Hi Hari,

My jsp seems to be huge im not sure how long it will take to modify, hence for time being can you help me with this refreshing DA in apex for that page like below

+>>you can create a D.A. that will fire only once based on some apex page item or application item value+

So that ill proceed temporarily, before altering the jsp for the permanent relief.

Thanks

Brgds,
    Mini
  • 12. Re: How to refresh a page in apex, once it is loaded
    Hari_639 Guru
    Mini wrote:
    Hi Hari,

My jsp seems to be huge im not sure how long it will take to modify, hence for time being can you help me with this refreshing DA in apex for that page like below

+>>you can create a D.A. that will fire only once based on some apex page item or application item value+

So that ill proceed temporarily, before altering the jsp for the permanent relief.

Thanks

Brgds,
    Mini
    hm :)

When calling from JSP, set some flag, probably some page item or application item..
    http://hostname.com:7001/apex/f?p=109:1:6506885010062:APPS:::FSP_LANGUAGE_PREFERENCE,P1_REFRESH_FLAG:ar-kw,Y
    <li> Create Dynamic Action on Page-1 which will fire on "page load".
    <li> True action -> PL/SQL Block -> Set item value to 'N'
    <li> True action -> Execute JS -> location.reload(true);
    <li> Now set entire D.A. as conditional so it only fires when :P1_REFRESH_FLAG = 'Y' (so it only fires for first-time)

This is not tested, but it should work.

Regards,
    Hari
  • 13. Re: How to refresh a page in apex, once it is loaded
    Mini Journeyer
    Hi Hari,

Thanks for the reply.

+>>http://hostname.com:7001/apex/f?p=109:1:6506885010062:APPS:::FSP_LANGUAGE_PREFERENCE,P1_REFRESH_FLAG:ar-kw,Y+

From the above

Whether you meant to pass the page item P1_REFRESH_FLAG from the jsp with a item value as 'Y'.

Brgds,
    Mini
  • 14. Re: How to refresh a page in apex, once it is loaded
    Mini Journeyer
    Hi Dude,

Really thanks for pointing out this DA, as it refreshed my page once i logged in and my alignment gets worked for the time being.

I tried with your DA way, and it worked perfectly. But i dint pass the parameter in the jsp, indeed i validated using the page item with in APEX using DA.

Many Thanks
    :D

Brgds,
    Mini

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points