5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2013 12:27 PM by Rads RSS

Interactive Report not working when saved with default Primary Settings

Rads
      Hi Masters of Apex,

I have saved the IR with default column settings as to what columns should be displayed to all the users who access this application. There are altogether 10 columns that needs to be displayed and one of the columns links to another page when the user clicks on that columnvalue (basically that is a primary key column) which links to another page.

When I click on the Actions menu and select the option "Select Columns" and select the columns , I need along with (seqno, which links to another page) to be displayed in the IR report and save the report with default settings and report type as primary. It is saved successfully. But once I change the parameter values to run the report it goes back to its original settings not displaying the column (seqno).

Can anyone let me know what the issue is and how it cna be resolved.

Would really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
      rads
        • 1. Re: Interactive Report not working when saved with default Primary Settings
          gerhard2001
          Hi rads!

What do you mean with 'I change the parameter values to run the report'?

Do you make any changes in the 'Edit' Mode of the page (Region Definition -> Source)?

Gerhard
          • 2. Re: Interactive Report not working when saved with default Primary Settings
            Rads
            Hi Gerhard

For " 'I change the parameter values to run the report'? " , I meant that once I change the parameters which are passed to the report with different values , then it would reset it back to the report as same as earlier without showing the column which links to another page. Again I got to select the option "select columns" - select the column on the left side of the shuttle and click on the right arrow button to move it to the right side of the shuttle and click on "Apply Changes" to reflect the column in the IR.

Let me know if anyone has any solution to this .

Would appreciate.

Thanks,
            Rads
            • 3. Re: Interactive Report not working when saved with default Primary Settings
              Rads
              Sorry for the double posting.

Edited by: Rads on Apr 29, 2013 12:02 PM
              • 4. Re: Interactive Report not working when saved with default Primary Settings
                gerhard2001
                Hi Rads!

I'm still a little bit confused.

You created a report in this way:?!

select
                from table
                where column = :Item_value

And than you pass a value to :Item_value when you call the report?!

And after that the columns of your report are changed and you lost the link column?!

Gerhard
                • 5. Re: Interactive Report not working when saved with default Primary Settings
                  Rads
                  Hi Gerhard

These are the steps I have followed -

1. I have created an IR report with 3 parameters (which are three drop-down list of values) and created a link to one of the columns , when the user clicks on the link it navigates to another page displaying the estimated costs for that selected record
                  2. When I run the report passing these 3 parameters it does not show up the link column
                  3. So I click on the "Actions" button which displays a list and I select the option "Select Columns" and highlight the link column on the left side of the shuttle to the right side of the shuttle and click on apply changes
                  4. I click on the "Actions" button and select the option "Save the Report" , save as with "Primary" default settings and click "Apply
                  5. Now the report will be executed displaying the link column
                  6. Once I change the parameters (the values in the drop-down lists) , the link column disappears, so again I have to do the additional steps from (3-4)

Let me know if it made any clarity to you. Thanks a lot for taking time .

Thanks
                  Rads