3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2013 4:07 PM by fac586 RSS

Columns are not sortable in Classic Report

Kiem Nguyen
      Greeting! I have a classic report with complex queries. I would like to have sortable columns in the classic report. I enable "Sort" in the Report Attributes but I get this message when clicking on the column name to sort: "ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected - got CLOB" I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me out. Thank you.

Edited by: Kiem Nguyen on Apr 30, 2013 12:40 PM
        • 1. Re: Columns are not sortable in Classic Report
          fac586
          Kiem Nguyen wrote:
          Greeting!
          Welcome to the forum: please read the FAQ and forum sticky threads (if you haven't done so already).

When you have a problem you'll get a faster, more effective response by including as much relevant information as possible upfront. This should include:

<li>Full APEX version
          <li>Full DB/version/edition/host OS
          <li>Web server architecture (EPG, OHS or APEX listener/host OS)
          <li>Browser(s) and version(s) used
          <li>Theme
          <li>Template(s)
          <li>Region/item type(s) (making particular distinction as to whether a "report" is a standard report, an interactive report, or in fact an "updateable report" (i.e. a tabular form)

With APEX we're also fortunate to have a great resource in apex.oracle.com where we can reproduce and share problems. Reproducing things there is the best way to troubleshoot most issues, especially those relating to layout and visual formatting. If you expect a detailed answer then it's appropriate for you to take on a significant part of the effort by getting as far as possible with an example of the problem on apex.oracle.com before asking for assistance with specific issues, which we can then see at first hand.
          I have a classic report with complex queries. I would like to have sortable columns in the classic report. I enable "Sort" in the Report Attributes but I get this message when clicking on the column name to sort: "ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected - got CLOB" I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me out.
          The column data type is CLOB. As described in the SQL Language Reference, you cannot order by a LOB, LONG, or LONG RAW column, nested table, or varray.
          • 2. Re: Columns are not sortable in Classic Report
            Kiem Nguyen
            Thanks fac586 for your prompt response. I checked all the tables and I don't see any column with CLOB data type. Do you know why the message "ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected - got CLOB" keeps showing when I try to sort the column? Thanks.
            • 3. Re: Columns are not sortable in Classic Report
              fac586
              Kiem Nguyen wrote:
              Thanks fac586 for your prompt response. I checked all the tables and I don't see any column with CLOB data type. Do you know why the message "ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected - got CLOB" keeps showing when I try to sort the column? Thanks.
              It's not necessarily the data type of the base column, but that produced in the query projection. It's not possible to comment further without full details of the report or a demonstration on apex.oracle.com.