This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: May 1, 2013 2:03 AM by gimbal2 RSS

Ensemble on OS X App Store

969523 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,

I've used the Ensemble app from OS X App Store on a couple of occasions to show JavaFX capabilities.

It hasn't gotten any updates since its initial placement there, but the code base has progressed. Is there an intention to keep the OS X App Store Ensemble app up-to-date? It'd be simply wonderful to get the latest candies automatically, just like the App Store does for other installed apps.

Who is (is anyone?) maintaining the app? The 'Ensemble support' link at Apple takes to these forums. Scott Kovatch is mentioned, but the link to "his" web site takes to general JavaFX docs. These issues should also be fixed, imho, to give a more professional experience.

I would think that once someone's set up the encapsulation system, packaging new versions of the main code base is not that hard. Am I right?

Thanks,

- asko kauppi
Helsinki, Finland
  • 1. Re: Ensemble on OS X App Store
    gimbal2 Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    akauppi wrote:
    I would think that once someone's set up the encapsulation system, packaging new versions of the main code base is not that hard. Am I right?
    The hard part is always that someone needs to be made and feel responsible for it. I'd say your findings so far indicate that nobody is and nobody wants to be, at least not right now.

I'm pretty sure that it was only a tech demo in itself to put JavaFX stuff in the app store, it was not directly intended as a service so you can easily get the app.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points