6 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2013 2:51 AM by Emu RSS

cannot use "data workshop" to load data into a new table

Emu
      I cannot use "data workshop" to load data into a new table - when I try the drop down schema list is blank and this is a required field.

I can load into an existing table and here the schema list is populated.

Does anyone have any ideas about what is going on here?

Edited by: Emu on May 1, 2013 12:56 PM
        • 1. Re: cannot use "data workshop" to load data into a new table
          Howard (... in Training)
          Hi,

I think there is just some confusion about what is intended. If it's a new table, it doesn't exist yet -- what name are you going to give it? What are it's columns? All that information has to be entered. When one loads to a new table, one defines the table as part of the load steps. I'm looking at the "Table Properties" page/step of a new table load now and I need to place the name of the table I want to create in the "Table Name" field. I can see the first few rows of my data at the bottom of the GUI. Depending on the number of columns the loader detects -- which depends on the delimiters I defined on the prior step -- I'll have that many columns to define. Only after these are defined, will the load begin.

Regards,
          Howard
          • 2. Re: cannot use "data workshop" to load data into a new table
            Emu
            Thanks for your reply.

Above the 'set table properties' region there is a 'data load' region in which it is mandatory to select the schema you want to load the table into. This dropdwn list contains no values for me. I cannot continue to the next screen as the schema is a mandatory field.

This is the same in apex 4.0 and apex 4.1 It maybe that the DBA has created the workspace/user incorrectly however he cannot work out what is wrong either. And yes the workspace does have a parsing schema linked to it.
            • 3. Re: cannot use "data workshop" to load data into a new table
              Howard (... in Training)
              If you click the SQL Workshop tab with Object Browser, SQL Commands, etc. on it, in the right-hand column there is an About box and a Preference box. Do you have any selections inthe Schema dropdown?

Re:
              Above the 'set table properties' region there is a 'data load' region in which it is mandatory to select the schema you want to load the table into. This dropdwn list contains no values for me. I cannot continue to the next screen as the schema is a mandatory field.
              Okay. Now that I know what you meant, I can see that you said that.

Yes, strange it appears on one page but not the other! No ideas here then. Good luck.

Howard

Edited by: Howard (... in Training) on May 1, 2013 8:38 AM
              • 4. Re: cannot use "data workshop" to load data into a new table
                Emu
                Yes in the object browser and the sql commands screen the schema drop down list is correctly populated.
                • 5. Re: cannot use "data workshop" to load data into a new table
                  Hari_639
                  Emu wrote:
                  Yes in the object browser and the sql commands screen the schema drop down list is correctly populated.
                  May be APEX is checking whether any of your parsing schema have required privileges or not before showing them in list?

So check whether parsing schemas have 'CREATE TABLE' privilege or not.

Regards,
                  Hari
                  • 6. Re: cannot use "data workshop" to load data into a new table
                    Emu
                    Yes the parsing schema has the create table priv.