This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2013 8:19 AM by lxiscas RSS

How to put a link to top right corner of the region?

lxiscas Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi, gurus:

I have a question of arranging links on a region. We have two links which need to show on the top right corner of the region, and whether they will show depends on their values in database (by business logic they cannot show at same time). If we use column link of vertical report, we cannot make it show on the top right corner position. If we use sub region, it goes to the bottom of region, Could anyone give us a hint?

Thanks

Sam
  • 1. Re: How to put a link to top right corner of the region?
    jrimblas Expert
    Hi Sam,
    Sounds like the position you're looking for is better suited for a button. I would use a button for this.
    If your template doesn't have a button style that suits your needs it's very easy to create a "Link" button template.

Your template could be something like this:

<a href="#LINK#" # BUTTON_ATTRIBUTES# id="#BUTTON_ID#">#LABEL#</a>

The you have many positioning options that should solve your needs.

Hope this helps.
    -Jorge
  • 2. Re: How to put a link to top right corner of the region?
    fac586 Guru
    lxiscas wrote:

I have a question of arranging links on a region. We have two links which need to show on the top right corner of the region, and whether they will show depends on their values in database (by business logic they cannot show at same time).
    As usual, the answer is "It depends". Where exactly is "top right corner of region"? Depends on region type and template. What logic determines which is displayed? When does this need to be executed? I can think of several ways to do this: a list subregion; display-only items; hidden items referenced as substitution strings; or shortcuts. Can't determine which is appropriate based on the information provided.

As I've said before, you'd get answers to all your questions much faster if you spent the time creating examples on apex.oracle.com rather than posting lengthy descriptions and chunks of code we can't use on the forum...
    If we use column link of vertical report, we cannot make it show on the top right corner position.
    You probably could, using the right combination of report template, CSS and/or jQuery, but there are a lot of better options available.
    If we use sub region, it goes to the bottom of region
    There's a very simple solution to this: use two subregions, with the links in the first one, and the main region content in the second, and region templates with no titles or borders.
  • 3. Re: How to put a link to top right corner of the region?
    lxiscas Newbie
    Thanks, guys:

I tried the sub region idea, and it looks fine.

Sam

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points