We would like to explore the EDQ merging capabilities to merge Contact records in Siebel. I know that OOB edq-cds processes does not support this and merging happens in Siebel for batch matching. Can you please provide us with the options available to design this piece. We would specifically like to know the following things.
1) What set up is required to get this started. Would we need to set up the connector to get the data from siebel to edq via job or is connection to the Siebel table directly via Data Store a good option for getting the data to EDQ.
2) Once the merge is done in EDQ what are the options available for updating back the data to Siebel table. Again is direct update to the Siebel table a good option or would it be better to use other techniques. If yes can you please throw some light around the options that are available.
This can be achieved with a cusomization of the EDQ-CDS processes in order to implement your survivorship logic and generate the merged records.
Using the batch interface of the Connector is one way of getting data from Siebel to EDQ, but as you need both data export and import it might be easier to use the Siebel EAI adapter for both. Note that we don't recommend reading directly from the Siebel base tables and we certainly don't support writing directly back to them.
Thanks for the reply. With respect to the EAI Option using Siebel EAI Adapter can you please provide bit more details on implementing this.
1) After querying for the data using Siebel EAI Adapter in a Siebel Workflow how should we pass this data to EDQ for matching and merging? Should we call the appropriate edq web services from the Workflow?
2) Once the match and merge is done in edq how do we pass back the merged records into Siebel. Again is it using the edq web services.
3) If we are using Siebel EAI Adapter do we need the connector set up for siebel?
I just need some additional information on how the data flows to and from Siebel and EDQ when using Siebel EAI Adapter.
Thanks in advance,
Can you please explain why you are considering using EDQ's merge capabilities in preference to Siebel UCM's survivorship rules?
Normally, EDQ merging is only used when initially migrating/loading data into Siebel via the EIM tables. For business-as-usual processing on the EAI interface, we recommend using EDQ for matching and Siebel for merge and survivorship (the UCM Batch flow), especially since EDQ cannot really merge data in Siebel with respect to moving child entities etc.
Thanks for the response. We are just exploring options for merging and we are introducing data quality in the system which has been in production for couple of years now. Point to note is we are using a public sector applictaion and not the siebel ucm application. Do you still recommend using siebel for merging? And will all the capabilities available in a ucm application for merging data be aviailable in the public sector application as well merging?
Thanks in advance,
You can use EDQ to identify which records to merge via EIM, but without the UCM licensing you won't have the capabilities of survivorship, etc... My suggestion is to use EDQ to identify the "survivor" and the "victim", execute the merge via EIM and then do an EIM update after the Merge (also powered by EDQ) to ensure that the attributes on the survivor fit what you would consider as the "Golden Record"