This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2013 8:59 AM by Brandye Barrington RSS

Exams 1Z0-141 and 1Z0-147 Not Retiring

Brandye Barrington Expert
Currently Being Moderated
Retirement for exams 1Z0-141 and 1Z0-147 has been postponed. Upon further assessment, there appears to still be a significant enough group of individuals taking these two exams that we have chosen to postpone their retirement at this time. There is not a current retirement date for these two exams. Exams 1Z0-141 and 1Z0-147 will remain available after July 31, 2013.

Regards,
Brandye Barrington
Certification Forum Moderator
  • 1. Re: Exams 1Z0-141 and 1Z0-147 Not Retiring
    bigdelboy Pro
    Brandye Barrington wrote:
    Retirement for exams 1Z0-141 and 1Z0-147 has been postponed. Upon further assessment, there appears to still be a significant enough group of individuals taking these two exams that we have chosen to postpone their retirement at this time. There is not a current retirement date for these two exams. Exams 1Z0-141 and 1Z0-147 will remain available after July 31, 2013.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    My opinion is:

Particularly in the 1z0-147 case this exam is more open to braindump abuse than the later 1z0-144. In both cases a candidate of one of those exams should be able to transition to studying for the other without overmuch effort. Indeed if they had passed their certification we would expect them to do that.

Having said that it may be that WDP (and others), but it is WDP that counts, have been training people towards 1z0-147/141 rather than 1z0-144/1z0-151; and if this was the case Oracle owes care to these people.

1z0-147 exams rely on training on software that can not longer be downloaded from OTN.

My concern, and it is perhaps legitimate to ask the concern, is that they is simple number counting being done here as opposed to 'why?'.

Please consider: http://www.supernanny.co.uk/TV-Show.aspx ... rewarding good behaviour, Victoria Stillwell ... etc. etc.

Thankyou.

(Must change my handle to grumpy-cynic on the new forums).
  • 2. Re: Exams 1Z0-141 and 1Z0-147 Not Retiring
    Philippe Ludwig Newbie
    really love this long-term fact about Oracle. Oracle 9i was released in year 2001 (12 years ago) and exams still available. Good guy Oracle :-)

I really hate the Google style; the product will be phase outed after only one or two years.
  • 3. Re: Exams 1Z0-141 and 1Z0-147 Not Retiring
    matthew_morris Expert
    For 1z0-141, I can see this decision. Removing that test surprised me.

1Z0-147 needs to go away, though. 1Z0-144 is a better test and there is nothing unique in 1Z0-147 that would be lost by its retirement.

Edit: I make the above statement having written study guides for both exams. I have no axe to grind either way and I am very knowledgeable about their content.

Edited by: matthew_morris on May 3, 2013 10:32 AM
  • 4. Re: Exams 1Z0-141 and 1Z0-147 Not Retiring
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    Thanks to everyone for comments/opinions. These will be retired, retirement has just been postponed at this time.

Brandye Barrington

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points