6 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2013 8:59 AM by Tubby RSS

    how to admin oracle express?

    1006778
      Im new using oracle, and want to test the express edition, i installit on windows xp virtual machine, the instalations runs OK, but i dont see any tool to adminstrate the database ?
      How can i admin the oracle express database using friendly interface ?? or need do all adminstration with pure commads ?
        • 1. Re: how to admin oracle express?
          Tubby
          1003775 wrote:
          Im new using oracle, and want to test the express edition, i installit on windows xp virtual machine, the instalations runs OK, but i dont see any tool to adminstrate the database ?
          How can i admin the oracle express database using friendly interface ?? or need do all adminstration with pure commads ?
          http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B25329_01/doc/admin.102/b25610/toc.htm#BABDBJBC

          Cheers,
          • 2. Re: how to admin oracle express?
            cherrydba
            use sqlplus interface, best for DBA's and learner.

            available at %oracle_home%\bin directory
            • 3. Re: how to admin oracle express?
              1006778
              i dont know what im doing wrong, i install oracle express, set the SYSTEM and SYS password, the installer finish and for security reasons, i restart the virtual pc with windows xp, next i try to run sqlplus, when enter SYSTEM or SYS user and the password i wrote on the installer, cant connect and always got this error:
              ORA-01034 ORACLE not available
              ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist
              Process ID: 0
              Process ID: 0 Serial number: 0

              and ask again for user-name and password.

              I go to windows services and OracleServiceXE and OracleXETNSListener are running.

              I try installing Toad for Oracle, and equal cant connect.

              If i try running the link: "Get Started", this open my browser with this url: http://127.0.0.1:8080/apex/f?p=4950
              and the browser cant find this url.

              i try unistalling all, next install IIS on windows XP, re install Oracle 11g express, and norhing work.
              • 4. Re: how to admin oracle express?
                sb92075
                1003775 wrote:
                i dont know what im doing wrong, i install oracle express, set the SYSTEM and SYS password, the installer finish and for security reasons, i restart the virtual pc with windows xp, next i try to run sqlplus, when enter SYSTEM or SYS user and the password i wrote on the installer, cant connect and always got this error:
                ORA-01034 ORACLE not available
                ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist
                Process ID: 0
                Process ID: 0 Serial number: 0
                Oracle DB has not been started!
                Are Both OS Services for DB listener started & running now?

                to start the DB do EXACTLY as below

                sqlplus
                / as sysdba
                startup

                COPY the results from above then PASTE all back here

                >
                and ask again for user-name and password.

                I go to windows services and OracleServiceXE and OracleXETNSListener are running.

                I try installing Toad for Oracle, and equal cant connect.

                If i try running the link: "Get Started", this open my browser with this url: http://127.0.0.1:8080/apex/f?p=4950
                and the browser cant find this url.

                i try unistalling all, next install IIS on windows XP, re install Oracle 11g express, and norhing work.
                • 5. Re: how to admin oracle express?
                  1006778
                  OK, i run the script and got this result.
                  Next this, i increment XP RAM from 370MB to 600MB. and same result running the script with sqlplus..



                  Microsoft Windows XP [Versión 5.1.2600]
                  (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

                  C:\Documents and Settings\Sic>sqlplus

                  SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.2.0 Production on Jue May 2 13:18:24 2013

                  Copyright (c) 1982, 2010, Oracle. All rights reserved.

                  Enter user-name: / as sysdba
                  Connected to an idle instance.

                  SQL> startup
                  ORA-01078: failure in processing system parameters
                  ORA-00838: Specified value of MEMORY_TARGET is too small, needs to be at least 8
                  8M
                  SQL>
                  • 6. Re: how to admin oracle express?
                    Tubby
                    1003775 wrote:
                    OK, i run the script and got this result.
                    Next this, i increment XP RAM from 370MB to 600MB. and same result running the script with sqlplus..



                    Microsoft Windows XP [Versión 5.1.2600]
                    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

                    C:\Documents and Settings\Sic>sqlplus

                    SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.2.0 Production on Jue May 2 13:18:24 2013

                    Copyright (c) 1982, 2010, Oracle. All rights reserved.

                    Enter user-name: / as sysdba
                    Connected to an idle instance.

                    SQL> startup
                    ORA-01078: failure in processing system parameters
                    ORA-00838: Specified value of MEMORY_TARGET is too small, needs to be at least 8
                    8M
                    SQL>
                    http://dounixnerdsdreamofelectricsleep.blogspot.ca/2012/11/fixing-ora-00838-specified-value-of.html

                    Cheers,