This content has been marked as final. Show 7 replies
This has been performed by a customer in Sacramento, if they see this post they maybe able to share some of what they did.
A number of other NA customers are also looking at possible solutions. These are the three high level approaches
1. Return the session data to Siebel include any useful intermediate attributes and decision reports and then use the Siebel BI Publisher integration to make the required PDF
2. Define required PDF templates in OPM and create a custom DocumentGenerator plugin that intercepts the document stream and calls a web service in Siebel before returning the document back to the OWD user
3. Define required PDF templates in OPM, store the session data in Siebel from OWD and then, from Siebel, call the same rulebase but deployed to the InterviewService and use the GenerateDocument method, process the document returned in a Siebel WF
Phil already provided Siebel BI Publisher integration and as you described you are looking for Siebel BI Publisher integration.
However, I will add note after PDF document stored in Siebel several processing way for your information if you need alternate way.
For example via hyperlink.
- How to enable users to download files (no Siebel Attachments) via hyperlink on list or form applets [ID 1494786.1]
- How To Open PDF File From Button Click Using Browser Script?
- How to pop up a local PDF created in a JBS from a button? [ID 961782.1]
Known issue :
Save BI Publisher Report Generated as PDF as Attachment Using eScript [ID 1063303.1]
Thanks for the feedback.
As we hook in some code in the SaveSession workflow in Siebel anyway, "
1. Return the session data to Siebel include any useful intermediate attributes and decision reports and then use the Siebel BI Publisher integration to make the required PDF" seems the simplest approach.
@ Mayumi: Thanks for the links :-). Please be aware that some of the proposed solutions won't work with Open UI - the latest iteration of the Siebel UI. Especially http://myforums.oracle.com/jive3/message.jspa?messageID=6674352&tstart=0 recommends a way that doesn't work with Open UI
So you have implemented OPA in Siebel openUI?
If yes please share post as you find out any issue.
Yes, the Activex solution only for HI mode.
Also openUI Siebel has problem with SymbolicURL for OBIEE11g in 188.8.131.52.
Some posting indicated work around which is web template SAView.swt file moved from /siebsrvr/webtempl folder to siebsrvr/webtempl/ouiwebtempl folder.
However, not got public announcement yet either bug or parameter settings need it.
I gave some Siebel Open UI/OPA demos recently: essentially everything works as expected (which is no surprise as Open UI only changes the UI layer from Siebel). There is one defect in the current Open UI release: Open UI doesn't support Symbolic URLs in popup applets (which is used by the connector as part of the smoke test for web determination). The fix is target for the Q4 2013 release of Siebel (IP2013). Everything else seems to work fine.
I read about the issues with the swr-folders but didn't have a look at it yet.
Thanks feed back!
I would like to share our experience which might be useful.
In our project, we are using Oracle UCM as content management.
the PDF generated is pushed to UCM by implementing event handler.
The PDF link is diplayed on summary screen to download and the saved document in UCM is made available as Attachment in siebel through Sieble-UCM attachment.
Siebel-UCM integration is fairly simple to achieve.
The them remains the same if we choose any content managment system other than UCM.