3 Replies Latest reply: May 5, 2013 8:03 AM by Srini Chavali-Oracle RSS

FND_FILE Error

Mini
      Hi friends,

I have a report in a page 6 with a form in a page 10 and one sub-report in a page 10 underneath the form.

Sometimes, im getting some unusual error to my sub-report under the page 10 like below
      report error:
      ORA-20100: Error: FND_FILE failure. Unable to create file, o0260986.tmp in the directory, /usr/tmp.
      You will find more information in the request log.
      If i tried to navigate to a form page 10 from the report page 6 by clicking the edit icon in the report which is in page 6, im getting the above error to my sub-report which is in page 10.

Since the form and the sub-report which is in page 10 fetches the record details of the report which is in page 6 soon after clicking the edit icon in the report which is in page 6.

In the sub-report which is in page 10, im getting the above error for an instance(this error is not happening regularly, but it is occuring then and there). What is the reason for that FND report error.

Whether this error is related to the APEX side or in the Server side(in which the apex is running).

In the Apex side, i tried to modify that report under the page 10 to an interactive and as well as to an classic, but that FND error is occuring for both the types of report.

Kindly help me with this friends.

Thanks

Brgds,
      Mini
        • 1. Re: FND_FILE Error
          Srini Chavali-Oracle
          This error is coming from the database, which seems to be an EBS database.

Pl check the database init.ora file to ensure that the directories specified in UTL_FILE_DIR are valid and that those directories are readable/writable by the owner of the database binaries.

How To Resolve "ORA-20100: File <filename>.tmp creation for FND_FILE failed" errors [ID 1523526.1]
          Concurrent Processing - Troubleshooting Concurrent Request ORA-20100 errors in the request logs [ID 261693.1]

HTH
          Srini
          • 2. Re: FND_FILE Error
            Mini
            Hi Srini,

Thanks for your reply.

According to the notes that you referred, to my apex related things it is able to create temporary files in /usr/tmp location.
            But once in a while it is giving me the FND_FILE error for that report, still not sure with this issue.

Brgds,
            Mini
            • 3. Re: FND_FILE Error
              Srini Chavali-Oracle
              If the troubleshooting steps in those MOS Docs do not help, pl log an SR with Support for this issue

HTH
              Srini