This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2013 3:17 AM by Aleksander Stopar RSS

Oracle sql developer work sheet

976600 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi

I am working on a project which has large sql statements, I want maximise the space in editor to view as much sql as I can see.

Now in sql work sheet we have buttons at top, like run statement, run script, auto trace etc. how can I move these buttons to left or right.

Thanks
  • 1. Re: Oracle sql developer work sheet
    sb92075 Guru
    973597 wrote:
    Hi

I am working on a project which has large sql statements, I want maximise the space in editor to view as much sql as I can see.

Now in sql work sheet we have buttons at top, like run statement, run script, auto trace etc. how can I move these buttons to left or right.

Thanks
    consider to format the SQL such that no line is longer than the screen is wide using URL below

http://www.dpriver.com/pp/sqlformat.htm?ref=g_wangz
  • 2. Re: Oracle sql developer work sheet
    976600 Newbie
    Hi

It's a two page query after the formatting you described. Since I use short keyboard short cuts so I don't need menu and work sheet buttons. Please suggest solution to make them disappear or move to left or right
  • 3. Re: Oracle sql developer work sheet
    Jim Smith Expert
    You can't remove the buttons. That will only gain you a couple of lines which isn't going to make much difference in a two page query.

You can maximise the worksheet pane to take up the whole sql developer window by double clicking on its tab.
  • 4. Re: Oracle sql developer work sheet
    Aleksander Stopar Newbie
    You can gain some vertical space by hiding the status line (uncheck View menu->Show Status bar)

To see more of the statement you can set a smaller font in the workseet (tools -> preferences -> code editor -> font) , size 10 works OK for me.

HTH
    Aleksander

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points