This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
We have two Windows 2008 VMs with Oracle 11G configured as primary and standby.
This configuration has been defined by a partner who is no longer working for us.
We have broken the correct application of the redo log on the standby when we have not correctly restored some snapshots on those two VMs.
I would like to create a new Oracle server that will become the new standby. For that, I need too :
- Display the full dataguard configuration to reproduce it on the new server
- Stop (delete ?) the configuration on the primary server.
We also have the current problem that RMAN refuses to delete old archivelog since they have not been applied to the standby.
Thanks for any help about those subjets,
Welcome to OTN Forums!
Then, you must restore same time snapshots both machines.
If not same time snapshots, then
1. Restore primary server snapshot.
2. Create a VM for standby again.
3. Safety remove DG configuration from Primary server.
4. Create new standby and DG configuration again.
P.S Check this video : http://www.mahir-quluzade.com/2012/01/overview-data-guard-configuration.html
Mahir M. Quluzade