1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 111 Replies Latest reply: May 6, 2013 12:09 PM by Sonyabarry-Oracle Go to original post RSS
      • 105. Re: We are upgrading OTN Forums!  This is the place for questions and comments.
        AlexAnd
        BluShadow,

is it possible to attract some attention of support team for unresolved questions?

so i have and i see many questions which is still unanswered and unresolved
        i also have questions on communities.oracle.com which is also unanswered and unresolved

so may be questions ( which is unanswered and unresolved ) readdress to support ???
        (btw SR is not the way out)

IMHO it will be useful for fixing bugs and improving products
        • 106. Re: We are upgrading OTN Forums!  This is the place for questions and comments.
          Hemant K Chitale
          is it possible to attract some attention of support team for unresolved questions
          No, I most certainly doubt it.

forums.oracle.com is FREE. Questions are addressed by volunteers with wildly varying skill levels.

The support team is accessible at support.oracle.com for which you have to pay annual maintenance $. Thus, support team salaries are paid for and they cannot / would not venture into forums (of course, some people might well be doing so in their own time and without Oracle Corpn / Oracle Support being accountable for their responses).

Hemant K Chitale
          • 107. Re: We are upgrading OTN Forums!  This is the place for questions and comments.
            AlexAnd
            i only offer to address some questions to support team or may be some other who responsible for docs and ... which is like a bug or undocumented moment or some limitation
            how you can indicate what it is a bug or some limitation of product without docs and knowledge about it ?

google is search engine and not responsible for find anywhere any undefined fings :)

in other word if support team work only for $ and not for improvement and elimination some defect then IMHO it's the end of product life
            • 108. Re: We are upgrading OTN Forums!  This is the place for questions and comments.
              Osama_Mustafa
              AlexAnd wrote:
              i only offer to address some questions to support team or may be some other who responsible for docs and ... which is like a bug or undocumented moment or some limitation
              how you can indicate what it is a bug or some limitation of product without docs and knowledge about it ?

google is search engine and not responsible for find anywhere any undefined fings :)

in other word if support team work only for $ and not for improvement and elimination some defect then IMHO it's the end of product life
              Because of this Before open Threads you need to use search before that.
              • 109. Re: We are upgrading OTN Forums!  This is the place for questions and comments.
                Catch_22
                AlexAnd wrote:
                Working for $ and wanting to improve a product or fixed defects is not mutually exclusive. Oracle is a business, and as such probably not much different from other vendors in the world. For instance, try to get your camera fixed if you think it has a design flaw.

The OTN forum is a free user forum and may or may not be monitored by Oracle employees and developers, sometimes depends on the forum though. Unless you report problems through a support channel there is most likely not much of a chance to get in direct touch with the product developers. It cannot really be any other way.

Regarding errors in the documentation, there is is a feedback link available with each Oracle documentation page on the web. I guess you could use that. There is also a dedicated forum for documentation Documentation
                • 110. Re: We are upgrading OTN Forums!  This is the place for questions and comments.
                  jgarry
                  In addition to what Hemant and Dude say, you should understand that we are talking about very complex products, where different people may be writing the docs as are building the product. Simply managing all this is a huge set of tasks, so you can easily wind up with things in the docs that aren't yet in the product, and things in the product that didn't make it into the docs, and more things that don't agree between the two, and that hasn't even got to bugs yet. "How it is supposed to work" is an additional issue that needs to be addressed by education and marketing, and the latter especially is notorious for getting it wrong and mismanaging customer expectations.
                  • 111. Re: We are upgrading OTN Forums!  This is the place for questions and comments.
                    Sonyabarry-Oracle
                    Locking this thread since it seems to have meandered into general support topics.

I'll start a new and improved thread with a fuller explanation of the delay in a minute.

Sonya
                    1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next