2 Replies Latest reply: May 6, 2013 3:41 PM by 939520 RSS

Webservices

Twinkle Tiwari
      Hi All,

I want to know the steps that i need to follow to consume a webservice. I have a WSDL file with me. Can we test the webservice using client program , like java main method. Pls help me on this.

Regards
        • 1. Re: Webservices
          gimbal2
          987597 wrote:
          Hi All,

I want to know the steps that i need to follow to consume a webservice.
          So what's stopping you from finding out?
          I have a WSDL file with me.
          That is a minimal requirement, yes.
          Can we test the webservice using client program , like java main method. Pls help me on this.
          You sure can.
          Pls help me on this.
          You cannot be helped yet, you simply need to learn. A good book is the right place to start, but you might also just begin with the online documentation.

http://jax-ws.java.net/
          • 2. Re: Webservices
            Netbeans has wizards to do all kinds of stuff such as creating a web service from a WSDL.
            I believe Eclipse does too, but you may (or may not) have to install the correct plugin.

Here is a rundown on using Netbeans (below).
            I suggest you might also want to look at some of the other wizards too since they might be useful.
            Note the wizards do a lot for you, but they don't give you a complete project ready for production.
            You have to review what it did and complete it.
            Another approach is to use Google to search for terms something like:
            "creating web service client from wsdl from wizard in netbeans tutorial"
            I also suggest you read a book on Web Services and/or Restful Services (depending on what you're doing) since its a big topic.
            Lastly, if your web service has any type of security on it, your web service' client may not work without additional considerations.

InNetbeans 7.3:

File->New Project->Java Web->Web Application->Next
            Name it: WebApplication 1
            Next
            Server: GlassFish Server 3+ or Apache Tomcat
            Finish

Highlight the project name (WebApplication1)
            File->New File->Web Services->Web Service from WSDL

Edited by: 936517 on May 6, 2013 4:41 PM