3 Replies Latest reply: May 6, 2013 8:13 PM by 911204 RSS

is there official way to disable ADF loopback script?

we are using ADF 11.1.1.2.0, one feature of ADF 11.1.1.2.0 is that it has a loopback script enabled by default ,which introduce one more round of round trip between client and server which is not expected, we can confirmed that we do not use ADF window/dialog framework, can anyone can help to clarify the item below

- is there an official way to disable the loopback script?
      - what's the impact if we disable the loopback script, if I follow the suggestion here http://www.future-edge.nl/blog/adf-loopback-script/?
      - I can also see a bug 10218575 in bugdb, which talk about this
        • 1. Re: is there official way to disable ADF loopback script?
          Frank Nimphius-Oracle
          Hi,

if you have access to bugdb, you are from oracle. Please use the internal forum or mailing list.

To answer the question about an official way: no, there is none

Frank
          • 2. Re: is there official way to disable ADF loopback script?
            Additionally the suggestion by feature edge is somewhat dangerous. The loop back script is central to window tracking. Without it, JSF can get confused between content of two different windows. Generally the property they add to the request is added by Trinidad when it KNOWS it has a correct window and a previously established window id, and it's never done in a request that's likely to be repeated using ctrl-n on the browser. Furthermore, since that param serves one specific purpose, the implementation of it is not guaranteed so it's likely to break I'm the future.

As was suggested in the future-edge thread, instead of hacking together a solution or taking advantage of an implementation detail, perhaps you could suggest an enhancement to support this officially.
            • 3. Re: is there official way to disable ADF loopback script?
              user491078 wrote:
              Additionally the suggestion by feature edge is somewhat dangerous. The loop back script is central to window tracking. Without it, JSF can get confused between content of two different windows. Generally the property they add to the request is added by Trinidad when it KNOWS it has a correct window and a previously established window id, and it's never done in a request that's likely to be repeated using ctrl-n on the browser. Furthermore, since that param serves one specific purpose, the implementation of it is not guaranteed so it's likely to break I'm the future.

As was suggested in the future-edge thread, instead of hacking together a solution or taking advantage of an implementation detail, perhaps you could suggest an enhancement to support this officially.
              Thanks for the reply, I have further question on this JSF can get confused between content of two different windows, I have a scenario below
              - I have a bean annotated by @javax.faces.bean.ViewScoped and used in PageA, I open PageA in 2 different window in browser
              - if I disable loopback script, does the backing bean instance get confused which instance if used for which window?