2 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2013 6:43 AM by Filip Huysmans RSS

OID integration with EBS questions

Endeca
      We are trying to integrate EBS R1213 with OID/OAM and i am referring Integrating Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 with Oracle Access Manager 11gR1 (11.1.1.5) using Oracle E-Business Suite AccessGate [ID 1309013.1]

As per document
      1)installed WLS
      2)using RCU created metadata schemas
      3)installed/configured OID Domain
      4)enabled user provisining between OID/EBS working fine.
      5)Configure Oracle Internet Directory to return operational attributes for lookup requests
      6)installed and Configured OAM Domain
      7)generated DBC file and copied to OAM server.
      8)Deploy and Configure Oracle E-Business Suite AccessGate
      created db source using TxkEBSAuth.xml

here is my confusion part, do i need to install OHS(Webtier) and configre before (Deploy and Configure Oracle E-Business Suite AccessGate) this step..? , MOS is not clear about OHS installation.

and i am confused step Provision and Install Oracle Access Manager WebGate
        • 1. Re: OID integration with EBS questions
          Filip Huysmans
          Hi Endeca,

we also were planning to integrate EBS to our OAM environment, but this action is now suspended.
          Hence my information is from my understanding of the architecture and not yet practical implementation.

The OHS component is needed to house the OAM WebGate component. This is the entry point for your OAM environment.
          The user comes through the OHS component, which launches the WebGate part, which in his turn will do the necessary to authenticate and authorize the user before letting him go through.

I installed the OHS and WebGate component immediately after the OAM installation. This gives me the opportunity to test the different rules.

On the other side you have the EBS AccessGate component, which very similar to the WebGate part, except it is build specifically for EBS.
          The OHS with WebGate should redirect the user to the EBS AccessGate.

I hope this makes it a bit more clearly.

Filip Huysmans.
          • 2. Re: OID integration with EBS questions
            Endeca
            Hi Filip,

Thank you very much for detailed information,we have customer implemented 11.1.2,but one of customer requirement is to implement on 11.1.1.5 for OAM.

can you be more clear on *" my information is from my understanding of the architecture and not yet practical implementation"*
            and can you please explain me what all the *" test the different rules"*

Thanks