This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
See here for help: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B10500_01/server.920/a96653/rac_support.htm
Recovery can be running at only one instance in a RAC DG environment. That instance must have access to all the archivelogs from the primary.
My guess is that you would need to
1. Stop (CANCEL) recovery on node 1
2. Shutdown the instance on node 1
3. Startup the listener on node 2
4. Startup mount the instance on node 2
5. Check that the listener and password file on node 2 are configured and the tnsnames on the primary is configured for the net name for the instance on node 2
6. set log_archive_dest_state_2 (or whichever you are using) on the primary to DEFER
7. configure log_archive_dest_2 (or whichever you are using) on the primary to the net name for the instance on node 2
8. set log_archive_dest_state_2 (or whichever you are using) on the primary to ENABLE
But I have never done so.
You should check with Oracle Support if they have a proper note on switching the MRP to another node in RAC DG.
Hemant K Chitale