4 Replies Latest reply: May 21, 2013 4:00 AM by 1007487 RSS

Unable to connect to oracle database using RODM

1007487 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I am trying to follow the steps described in

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/datawarehouse/saternos-r-161569.html

but I keep getting the same error message after the
DB <- RODM_open_dbms_connection(dsn="orcl", uid="dm", pwd="dm")
command. The message is

Error in typesR2DBMS[[driver]] <<- value[c("double", "integer", "character",  :
  cannot change value of locked binding for 'typesR2DBMS'

and doing a traceback() I get

2: setSqlTypeInfo(driver, list(double = "double precision", integer = "integer",
       character = "varchar(255)", logical = "varchar(255)"))
1: RODM_open_dbms_connection(dsn = "orcl", uid = "dm", pw = "dm")

Could anyone suggest some way to fix this? I am stuck and I need to get this working asap.

Thank you very much in advance                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points