6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2013 2:09 AM by Priya C RSS

startdate/enddate enable in 11G

bala6
      Hi

we are planning to move fatwire 7.6 to 11G , but we have one question .

we are using startdate/endate attributes for Flex assets , but 11G , we didn't see the startdate/enddate attributes .
      could i know how can enable these attributes in 11G .

please help us

Thanks in advance
      bala
        • 1. Re: startdate/enddate enable in 11G
          JoeScanlon
          in 11G if you are using the contributor UI they are on the metadata tab. If you are using the Admin UI you may need to enable 'assetForms' in the futuretense_xcel.ini to turn them back on
          • 2. Re: startdate/enddate enable in 11G
            bala6
            Thanks your reply . I am enable the advancedUI.enableAssetForms=true in futuretense_xcel.ini file . This attribute enable to child asset/parent startmenu in Admin tab.
            But startdate/enddate not enable in contributor / Metadata , I hope this startdate/enddate enable by other parameter in futuretense_xcel.ini .

Thanks
            bala
            • 3. Re: startdate/enddate enable in 11G
              A possible reason that you are not seeing the startdate and enddate could be that you have the property cs.sitepreview=disabled in the futuretense.ini. The startdate and enddate fields are used in the context of site preview.
              The possible values that the property are:
              - disabled
              -contentmanagement
              -delivery
              Please refer the property guide for more information on this property and the values it can have.
              http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E29495_01/doc.1111/webcenter_sites_11gr1_bp1_property_files_reference.pdf
              Locate futuretense.ini in "E:\Fatwire\CS75" Set the cs.sitepreview=contentmanagement or any other value mentioned that you feel is appropriate and restart the Sites instance for the changes to take effect.
              • 4. Re: startdate/enddate enable in 11G
                bala6
                Thanks very much , Now I am able to see the start date and end date in metadata in contributor interface .

But one more question , start date i put on 5th may and end date 7th may , but this asset should not show in when am searching , but showing .
                I am doing anything wrong

Thanks
                bala

Edited by: bala6 on May 8, 2013 3:09 PM
                • 5. Re: startdate/enddate enable in 11G
                  bala6
                  Thanks very much , Now am able to handle startdate and end date in my project
                  • 6. Re: startdate/enddate enable in 11G
                    Priya C

Hi,

The asset expiry doesn't work for me too. Start date i gave as 5th aug and end date as 7th aug, and when i search the asset shouldn't appear  but still it appears.

Could you help me to solve this?

Thanks,

Indu