0 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2013 5:05 PM by Kiem Nguyen RSS

How to raise an Error when user try to delete a column exists in other page

Kiem Nguyen
      Greeting! I hope some experts here could help me with a problem I have been trying to solve:
      - I have a "Page 2" to create, change and delete a Team. User will provide Team name as well as other data to edit the team.
      - I also have "Page 1" where user do a Project forecasting. User will provide Team name as well as other data to do the project forecasting.

If there a way for me to create an error if user try to delete a Team in Page 2 but the Team still has forecast in Page 1?

I tried to do the Validation on Page 2, but the validation only makes the Delete button work when the condition is valid. Now the Delete button works with any Team doesn't matter if the team has forecast in other page or not. I still don't know how to make the Delete button in page 2 to check and see if there is a same Team name in page 1. If there is a same Team name, user can't delete the team. Otherwise user can delete. I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me out. Thank you.