I need to migrate database from Windows to Linux. The current size is ~50GB.
OS = Windows 2003
DB version = 10.2.0.3
OS = Linux
DB version = 184.108.40.206
Would using datapump be a correct choice for this migration? Also do the step below seem correct?
01. Pre-create tablespaces on target 11g database
02. Export full database of source 10g database
03. Copy dumpfile to Destination Server
04. Grant IMPORT_FULL_DATABASE system privilege to user SYSTEM of target 11g database
05. Import full database to target 11g database
You can also use RMAN database transportable features which is much faster than usinf expdp and impdp. Since your source platform is windows and target platform is Linux and I think it is supported by RMAN because for database transpotable features source and target endian format need to be same. Please check your source and target endian format if both are same I would suggest you to go for Database Transpotation.
Hi may be your approach will very slow. you can also update by in 2 steps
1. Oracle database conversion from oracle 10g (window) to Oracle 10g (Linux)
2. UPDATE 10G TO 11G on linux
Note: Direct conversion method is not possible though Window oracle 10g to Linux Oracle 11g.
if you followed the above approach then your version should be atleast 10.2.0.4 and should be same on both side machines. Experts correct me if i am wrong....
Edited by: SANCHIT GUPTA on May 7, 2013 11:16 PM
Edited by: SANCHIT GUPTA on May 7, 2013 11:20 PM