3 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2013 4:18 PM by 1003725 RSS

How to add a 2nd web/app svr?

I'm new to Peoplesoft and have a working PeopleSoft HCM9.1 FP2 with PeopleTools 8.52.06 environment built from the latest OVM templates.

I'm running the web & application svrs on the same VM. Now, I need to create another web+app svr VM to test configuration with a 3rd party load balancer. Can I simply repeat the steps I've already performed to create the 2nd web+app svr VM?

Any guidance or documentation reference is appreciated!

Regards,
      Holly
        • 1. Re: How to add a 2nd web/app svr?
          Gpotti
          The ovm template documentation will have the PS_HOME and PS_CFG_HOME information similar to the one shown below

PS_HOME
          The binary installation files are placed into a secure PS_HOME directory at /opt/oracle/psft/appbatch/tools.
          This directory can only be written to by the PeopleSoft administrator, psadm1.

PS_CFG_HOME
          The application server and Process Scheduler server configuration files are placed into
          PS_CFG_HOME. This directory is owned by psadm2. The PS_CFG_HOME path is
          /home/psadm2/psft/pt/<peopletools_version>.

The same section also gives the credentials of users psadm1, psadm2 etc.

You should be able to configure additional domains as you would do for a normal installation.
          If you are looking for instructions on how to configure domains, please refer to your PeopleTools installation guide.

Hope this helps
          • 2. Re: How to add a 2nd web/app svr?
            Nicolas.Gasparotto
            Of course, you can have as many app/web VM as you want for the same database VM.
            Can I simply repeat the steps I've already performed to create the 2nd web+app svr VM?
            Yes, absolutely.
            App/web VM is nothing but a "hardware", so you can multiply them given them a unique IP address across your network, link to your unique database, and everything should work fine.

Nicolas.
            • 3. Re: How to add a 2nd web/app svr?
              Worked great! Thanks a bunch, Holly