8 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2013 3:37 PM by Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle RSS

B2B not creating instance in SOA

hello,

I am not able to create instance in my SOA composite. B2B console shows me the message as below:-

***Document Type     InvoiceUBL2***
      ***Document Definition     InvoiceUBL2_def***
      ***Document Protocol Name     InvoiceUBL2***
      ***Document Protocol Version     InvoiceUBL2***
      ***Refer To Application Message Id     Refer To Application Message Id***
      ***App Conversation Id     ***
      ***App Message property     {ACTION_NAME=null, Protocol Version=1.0, Recepient=b2buser, Endpoint=aq://IP_IN_QUEUE, Protocol=AQ}***
      ***Direction     INBOUND***
      ***State     MSG_COMPLETE***

The irony is, that all other interface which work on the same console and the same configuration are running successfully. Therefore, i dont understand where the problem lies exactly. I am the only one who is using that particular B2B defination. Please help me solve this issue.

Regards,
      Shreya.
        • 1. Re: B2B not creating instance in SOA
          Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle
          Shreya,

Two checks you need to perform -

1. The inbound agreement does not have any channel selected in Host TP channel's dropdown
          2. You deployed the composite after deploying the B2B agreement

If both of the above checks are fine then try to redeploy your composite as default revision and see if it works. Also monitor the server log while deploying the composite and make sure that you are not seeing any error during composite deployment.

Regards,
          Anuj
          • 2. Re: B2B not creating instance in SOA
            Thanks Anuj for that quick reply.

I have noticed that the file doesnt enter the SOA layer because the file is UTF-8 encoded.

I have a question regarding BOM Byte-Order-Mark, How can we remove the BOM from the Inbound XML file? I am trying to read a standard Invoice UBL-2 xsd. The message in B2B shows as complete but the file doesnt reach SOA. What should i do in order to set the file to "Encoding UTF-8 without BOM"?
            Please help.

Regards,
            Shreya.
            • 3. Re: B2B not creating instance in SOA
              Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle
              Shreya,
              I have noticed that the file doesnt enter the SOA layer because the file is UTF-8 encoded.
              This should not be the reason. When you send a file without BOM then does it reach to same composite? Alternatively, you may try to model B2B adapter in SOA composite as opaque and see if the file with BOM reaches to SOA? If answer of both the questions is yes, then your finding is correct.

Regards,
              Anuj
              • 4. Re: B2B not creating instance in SOA
                Venkatesh Ramasamy
                If the inbound XML file has a BOM, I believe, you will get "Start of Root Element Expected" error, as Anuj, said, it might not be BOM, I had a similar problem, however, the third party, that was sending us the file was able to remove the the BOM from there source, so I did not spend time investigating on removing the BOM.

If you still suspect the BOM in the XML, try removing the BOM using the BOM Detector and try processing the file,

http://www.bryntyounce.com/filebomdetector.htm

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
                Venkatesh
                • 5. Re: B2B not creating instance in SOA
                  Hello Anuj/Venkatesh,

When i try to read the file using the Invoice UBL-2 standard Xsd, SOA cannot create an instance. So i tried reading it with the opaque schema and that create an instance in SOA. But the data comes in 64 bit binary. Is it possible that i can remove the BOM character before it reaches SOA i.e using callouts in the B2B console? because parsing 64bit binary into XML format is posing a problem now because the Invoice UBL-2 xsd comes with a lot of reference xsds. Kindly help.

Anuj- Yes, when I manually change the encoding of the file to ANSI or UTF-8 without BOM via Notepad++, an instance is created in SOA.

Regards,
                  Shreya.

Edited by: 918008 on Dec 29, 2012 8:37 AM

Edited by: 918008 on Dec 29, 2012 8:39 AM
                  • 6. Re: B2B not creating instance in SOA
                    Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle
                    Shreya,

You may use agreement level callout to remove the BOM before delivering the XML to SOA -

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/user.1111/e10229/callouts.htm#CHDEFBDG

Regards,
                    Anuj
                    • 7. Re: B2B not creating instance in SOA
                      Hi Anuj,

The BOM is temporarily handled. Just wanted to know whether is there any patch available from the oracle side to process the files with BOM or UTF-16 encoded?

Regards,
                      Shreya.
                      • 8. Re: B2B not creating instance in SOA
                        Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle
                        Hi Shreya,

Please log a SR with support and they may be able to provide you an update on this.

Regards,
                        Anuj