2 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2013 8:02 AM by mhathi RSS

OBIEE 11g: Graph/Chart Styles similar to Discoverer

mhathi
      Hello,

In Discoverer, when you edit a Graph, under the Style tab, you can select different styles which result in different color schemes, backgrounds etc. This is very convenient and useful in changing the visual attributes of a graph.

Is there similar functionality in OBIEE 11g? I didn't see anywhere within graph properties etc. All you can do is to change the "type" of graph, say from Bar to Line but there's no way to change the color scheme.

I would think this would be a good enhancement to the product.

Thanks,

Manish
        • 1. Re: OBIEE 11g: Graph/Chart Styles similar to Discoverer
          Rudy Ising
          In BIEE 11.1x web version, when you insert graphs there is a Chart Types option and a Chart Styles option, which provides set color schemes. This is in the WEB tool interface, not the RTF tool.
          • 2. Re: OBIEE 11g: Graph/Chart Styles similar to Discoverer
            mhathi
            No. The Style you are referring to is in the Graph Properties window which allows your (for example) bar graph to have rectangle/cylindrical etc. shapes. That is not what I meant. My question was regarding color schemes/themes. For example, in Discoverer once you have chosen the type of graph, say Bar graph, there are various color schemes you can choose which makes it painless to pick the colors that your users can appreciate. In OBIEE, it seems the only way to change colors is to apply conditional formatting?