This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2013 9:00 AM by SunilSharma RSS

problems with DAC server

1007772 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Good day,

i'm installing OBIA 11g on a windows server 2008 machine , i followed the documents to install Informatica 9.1.0 & DAC 11.1.1.6.4
the installation were perfect ,but my DAC server is not running,i think because i missed with some Environment variables
could any one show me the "good" values of the following environment variables:

-INFA_HOME
-INFA_DOMAINS_FILES
-PATH
-INFA_RESOURCES

i'm not even sure that all of them must be there,

thanks for the help :)
  • 1. Re: problems with DAC server
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    Check your configuration with this link
    http://oraclebisolutions.blogspot.com/2013/01/dac11g-installation-dac11g-on-windows.html

Mark if helps
  • 2. Re: problems with DAC server
    1007772 Newbie
    thanks for your reply
    but it doesn't help much,i can't start the DAC server ,when i choose "DAC server management" , the options of "start,restart,stop server" are inactive ,i can't select them !

also,i'm not able to connect to informatica service & repository from DAC,as they can't find the DAC server
    and even when i select "connect on local machine" , it gives the following error:

for Server:
    FATAL ERROR during initialization:
    Error initializing c:\DAC\dac/pmlocale.bin. Make sure the environment variable INFA_HOME is defined and set to where Informatica products are installed.

then it shows this:
    Failure connecting to "INFORMATICA_REP_SERVER"!

ANOMALY INFO::: Error while connecting to informatica repository server
    pmrep Connect Error

=====================================
    STD OUTPUT

ERROR OUTPUT

EXCEPTION CLASS::: com.siebel.analytics.etl.infa.interaction.PmrepConnectException

com.siebel.analytics.etl.infa.interaction.PmrepInvoker.connectIfRequired(PmrepInvoker.java:155)
    com.siebel.analytics.etl.infa.interaction.PmrepInvoker.pmrep(PmrepInvoker.java:89)
    com.siebel.etl.gui.data.StaticDatabaseCalls.testRepositoryServer(StaticDatabaseCalls.java:854)
    com.siebel.etl.gui.data.StaticDatabaseCalls.testInformaticaServer(StaticDatabaseCalls.java:777)
    com.siebel.analytics.etl.client.view.edit.ServerForm$TestListener.doOperation(ServerForm.java:262)
    com.siebel.etl.gui.view.dialogs.WaitDialog.doOperation(WaitDialog.java:54)
    com.siebel.etl.gui.view.dialogs.WaitDialog$WaitDialogRunnableHelper.run(WaitDialog.java:86)
    java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

for repository:

FATAL ERROR during initialization:
    Error initializing c:\DAC\dac/pmlocale.bin. Make sure the environment variable INFA_HOME is defined and set to where Informatica products are installed.
  • 3. Re: problems with DAC server
    SunilSharma Expert
    See this from section A.5.1 http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E20490_01/bia.7963/e19038/app_supporting_tasks.htm for defining the env variables

Mark if it helps
  • 4. Re: problems with DAC server
    1007772 Newbie
    thanks for the document,i checked my values
    but still nothing changed,i'm getting same errors,i can't "start" the DAC server

even when i start the server from startserver.bat , it gives a weird error message :
    "windows can't find "-server" make sure you typed the name correctly,and then try again"
  • 6. Re: problems with DAC server
    1007772 Newbie
    this really works
    i can't thank you enough
    the DAC server is now running

i'll see if the other errors are rolled out also
  • 7. Re: problems with DAC server
    SunilSharma Expert
    Glad that your issue is resolved. Close the thread now by marking it as answered :)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points