1 Reply Latest reply: May 9, 2013 8:13 AM by GavinWoods RSS

Weblogic Server upgrade along with Forms & Reports

Hi Gurus,

I would need some help on upgrading one our Weblogic server from 10.3.2 to 10.3.6. Also, we have forms & reports ( version: 11.1.1.2 ) configured on this server and we would have to upgrade this to version: 11.1.2.1
      Can you please help me or point me to a good document to do this.

I am a DBA and my weblogic experience is very little.

Thanks
      Prakash

Edited by: 1004698 on May 8, 2013 4:52 AM
        • 1. Re: Weblogic Server upgrade along with Forms & Reports
          GavinWoods
          Hi Prakash,

First, very smart decision to move to 11gR2 Forms - performance is much better in 11gR2. Customers i've worked with, are very happy with it compared to 11gR1.

Now, if you want to upgrade from 11gR1 (11.1.1.2) to 11gR2 Forms (11.1.2.1), I would do a new install. Simply because, there is no simple/straight-forward Architecture upgrade path from 11gR1 to 11gR2 Forms. And the installation will also be a clean isntall. Don't worry about your forms/reports source code, you can just recompile no problem in 11gR2 Forms.

If you want to do a re-install heres some things to consider:

1.) Update and/or Install an Oracle certified JDK - you can verify the correct JDK in the certification matrix provided by oracle: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/forms/oracle-forms-11gr2certmatrix-519680.xls

2.) Verify your OS is certified with Forms 11gR2

3.)Install WLS in a new middleware Home.

4.) At his point, you should install the Oracle Forms 11gR2 Binaries Home in your new 10.3.6 Middleware Home.

5.) Optional: If you want the same exact ports as 11gR1 Forms installation - you'll have to shutdown all the 11gR1 Forms/Reports processes- OPMN Processes, WLS_FORMS, WLS_REPORTS, AdminServer.

5.) Run the Forms 11gR2 Configuration Wizard to install and configure a new Forms 11gr2 domain.

6.) After the configuration wizard completes successfully:
          - Migrate over your formsweb.cfg/env settings
          - Migrate ORACLE_HOME customizations
          - Definitely install/configure webutil components
          - Migrate over any other additional customizations

If you run into any weird issues, check out my companies knowledge base, its full of installation knowledge: http://pitss.com/us/knowledgebase/

Hope this helps!

Gavin