2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2013 8:36 PM by PPlatt RSS

Apex Listener 2.0.1 vs Sql Developer Administration bugs

Apex Listener 2.0.1 / Sql Developer / Apex 4.1.1

1. I'm using basic connection type with service name. Each time I connect to listener administration it is resetted to SID with default name as orcl.

2. Test Settings does not work in case hostname is localhost.
      Database Settings apex:
      Cannot connect to APEX_PUBLIC_USER. Исключение ввода/вывода (input/output exception): The Network Adapter could not establish the connection>

At the same time it's working in defaults.xml:
      <entry key="db.hostname">localhost</entry>
      I'm not sure why. Database and Apex Listener are installed on the same mashine. May be this can help:
      <Warning> <Server> <x> <> <DynamicListenThread[Default]> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <> <> <BEA-002611> <Hostname "x", maps to multiple IP addresses: 10.110.x.x, 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1>
      3. I can see "Enable RESTful Services" action in (url http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E35137_01/appdev.32/e35117/intro.htm#autoId110)SQL Developer User's Guide. Still there is no such action in Sql Developer. Thus settings are always uploaded with enabled RESTful Services.

I see error
      The pool named: apex_al does not exist
      each time I connect to Apex Listener Administration in case of RESTful Services is not configured during configuration of apex.war.
      I can't find any restrictions for RESTful Services to be configured. So I think this error is unnecessary.

4. From sql developer User's Guide
      Connect (context menu only): Connects to the Application Express Listener (see Connecting to Application Express Listener Server).
      Retrieve Settings, Upload Settings, and Launch URL are enabled when you connect to the Application Express Listener.>

administration settings are retrieved and displayed but still Retrieve Settings, Upload Settings, and Launch URL are disabled in context menu after connection.
      I need to perform New Administration action to make them enabled.
      Is this expected behavior ?

Is this all bugs or known features ?

• 1. Re: Apex Listener 2.0.1 vs Sql Developer Administration bugs
          Liz Saunders-Oracle
          Hi Igor,

Item 1: This is a bug in SQL Developer that it includes the default SID orcl even if you are using the service name. The SID default value "orcl" bug will be fixed in a future release of SQL Developer.

Item 3: The documentation for that section is not up-to-date with the UI. The RESTful Services are enabled if you specify a valid APEX_REST_PUBLIC_USER password and an APEX_LISTENER password. The documentation will be updated in a future release of SQL Developer.

Item 4: The Retrieve Settings, Upload Settings and Launch URL will be enabled if you are connected. On the right-hand-side of the APEX Listener tab, the connection name will be displayed next to "Connection: " indicating that you are connected; otherwise, it will display "Not Connected".

• 2. Re: Apex Listener 2.0.1 vs Sql Developer Administration bugs

DB: V11.2

APEX V

APEX Listener: V2.

SQLDeveloper: Version

OS WIndows 7 64 bit

I am trying to create a connection to a standalone Apex Listener installation via SQL Developer to manage the listener settings. I start a new connection and after entering the UN/PWD of the Listener Administrator I get the following error:

Authentication failed

In the Standalone APEX Listener DOS window I'm getting the following error message:

SEVERE: The pool named: apex_al does not exist

So where do I even start to trouble shoot this???

I add a connection as follows:

Connection Name: Connection

Usename: adminlistener  (pwd=adminlistener configured using command :java -jar apex.war user adminlistener "Listener Administrator")

HTTP radio button

Hostname: localhost

Port: 8080

Server Path: /apex

thanks in advance

Paul Platt