5 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2013 4:18 PM by Udo RSS

Listener 2.0.1 - Apex 4.1 - Tomcat 5.5 - Oracle XE 10

user10999912
      When execute Listener in standalone mode runs OK but using TOMCAT get 503 - Service Unavailable and tomcat log says

May 6, 2013 1:16:14 PM oracle.dbtools.rt.web.HttpEndpointBase modApex
      SEVERE: The pool named: apex is not correctly configured, error: IO Error: Invalid number format for port number
      oracle.dbtools.common.jdbc.ConnectionPoolException: The pool named: apex is not correctly configured, error: IO Error: Invalid number format for port number
      at oracle.dbtools.common.jdbc.ConnectionPoolException.badConfiguration(ConnectionPoolException.java:65)
      at oracle.dbtools.common.config.db.DatabaseConfig.badConfiguration(DatabaseConfig.java:166)
      at oracle.dbtools.common.config.db.DatabaseConfig.createPool(DatabaseConfig.java:187)
      at oracle.dbtools.common.config.db.DatabaseConfig.getConnection(DatabaseConfig.java:71)
      at oracle.dbtools.common.jdbc.ora.OraPrincipal.connection(OraPrincipal.java:69)
      at oracle.dbtools.apex.ModApexContext.getConnection(ModApexContext.java:372)
      at oracle.dbtools.apex.Procedure.getProcedure(Procedure.java:167)
      at oracle.dbtools.apex.OWA.validateProcedure(OWA.java:390)
      at oracle.dbtools.apex.security.Security.isValidRequest(Security.java:225)
      at oracle.dbtools.apex.ModApex.validateRequest(ModApex.java:266)
      at oracle.dbtools.apex.ModApex.doGet(ModApex.java:94)
      at oracle.dbtools.apex.ModApex.service(ModApex.java:302)
      at oracle.dbtools.rt.web.HttpEndpointBase.modApex(HttpEndpointBase.java:337)
      at oracle.dbtools.rt.web.HttpEndpointBase.service(HttpEndpointBase.java:130)
      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
      at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
      at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
      at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:881)
      at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:674)
      at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:541)
      at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
      at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Any idea???
        • 1. Re: Listener 2.0.1 - Apex 4.1 - Tomcat 5.5 - Oracle XE 10
          Udo
          Hi,

it seems that your APEX Listener configuration has some error in the port number. How did you create the configuration for your APEX Listener on Tomcat?
          And what OS is the platform for your Tomcat and what JDK (version) do you use?
          Possibly your environment uses a non-standard locale. You could try adding a parameter to your JVM options to hand your locale into the JVM.

-Udo
          • 2. Re: Listener 2.0.1 - Apex 4.1 - Tomcat 5.5 - Oracle XE 10
            user10999912
            I follow this post

apache tomcat with apex listener?

My OS is

CENTOS 5.8 i686

Apache Tomcat/5.5.36

java version "1.6.0_37"

Edited by: user10999912 on 09-may-2013 12:21
            • 3. Re: Listener 2.0.1 - Apex 4.1 - Tomcat 5.5 - Oracle XE 10
              Udo
              The post you've referenced is more about configuring Tomcat to be prepared to serve APEX Listener, it doesn't say much about how you've created and referenced the configuration for APEX Listener itself.

JDK version seems alright...

-Udo
              • 4. Re: Listener 2.0.1 - Apex 4.1 - Tomcat 5.5 - Oracle XE 10
                user10999912
                I do not know if I have to do something else!!!!

I just copy zip file in webapps tomcat dir and unziped it. Then I modified tomcat-users.xml and server.xml files. and execute java -jar apex.war for setup users passwords, service and port setting. At the fact if I execute apex.war in standalone mode everything operates ok the only modification I have to do is indicate other port than 8080 because this is the Tomcat port, but I supose that using Tomcat I can use the 8080 port.

That's all. Other thing that I can see is that /apex dir in tomcat reponds to listener and I do not get a 404 error from Tomcat. I verified password for all users in my oracle installation.

Thanks
                • 5. Re: Listener 2.0.1 - Apex 4.1 - Tomcat 5.5 - Oracle XE 10
                  Udo
                  Seems like my post didn't point out clear enough what I was searching for. I assume you've read and followed the install guide... There is a kind of transition for the configuration you've created in Standalone Mode to the APEX Listener instance you've deployed to your Tomcat: In section [url http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E37099_01/doc/doc.20/e25066/install.htm#CHDGHBAJ]Configuring APEX Listener, the first task when configuring APEX Listener in Standalone Mode is to enter a location where APEX Listener is supposed to store its configuration. If you want to use that configuration from your Tomcat deployment (which I think is your aim) you have to get that information "into" your deployment and you have to make sure your Tomcat is able to access that location (read- and writable). The error you receive indicates that your APEX Listener instance is not able to get a valid configuration. This can have a few reasons, e. g. the configuration location you use in Standalone Mode is different from what the APEX Listener instance on your Tomcat is trying to access.
                  In addition to a description of a description of your configuration "transition" process, the complete log file from the startup of APEX Listener onto the point where you see that stack trace could contain some more hints on what's wrong with your deployment.

-Udo