3 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2013 3:22 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Using rac during upgrade

Walashkar
      Dear All,

We need to do our production 11i upgrade to 12.1.3 . Now, in this scenario , during the upgrade process, I need to lay the r12 file system in the new application server.

We have RAC in production, now how do I install R12 with pointing to both instances of RAC ? . SO, if not possible, during this time,

If, when running the upgrade driver, how can I change the connection string to point to both the instances ?

Please advise
        • 1. Re: Using rac during upgrade
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          We need to do our production 11i upgrade to 12.1.3 . Now, in this scenario , during the upgrade process, I need to lay the r12 file system in the new application server.

We have RAC in production, now how do I install R12 with pointing to both instances of RAC ? . SO, if not possible, during this time,

If, when running the upgrade driver, how can I change the connection string to point to both the instances ?
          Rapid Install 12.1.1 doesn't support RAC installation, so you need to shutdown all instances and keep one up, lay down the software and do the upgrade, then once the upgrade is done bring the remainings instances up.

Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 High Availability Documentation Roadmap [ID 1072636.1]

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: Using rac during upgrade
            Walashkar
            Thanks Hussein.

So, I will run rapidwiz using single node of the RAC and do upgrade using a single instance. After completion, how and what I need to change in the application in order to point to both the RAC instance

Please advise
            • 3. Re: Using rac during upgrade
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              So, I will run rapidwiz using single node of the RAC and do upgrade using a single instance. After completion, how and what I need to change in the application in order to point to both the RAC instance

Please advise
              The steps are covered in the doc referenced in my previous reply.

Thanks,
              Hussein