This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
929602 wrote:There are a couple of points to watch:
Hey you guys,
This is something that I am thinking of doing in the future so I need to get a jumpstart on research now. Right now I am OCA certified, working as an DBA for a University. I'm studying for my OCP and plan to have it by this time next year. I want to be able to do this right and be legit. This is something that I would probably start within the next 3 to 5 years, no earlier than that. I've looked into becoming an Oracle Certified Trainer, but that is not what I'm trying to do, not trying to teach at Oracle University or on behalf of Oracle. I want to start a business, a small business, teaching classes on How to become an Oracle DBA based off of OCA certifications with books (1ZO-051, 1Z0-052). I'm falling in love with Oracle and I enjoy helping people who wants to learn. Like I said this is long term, not short term, if I am going to do this it will be very professional, and I'm hoping someone here could point me in the correct direction.
Thanks in advance!
- There is not a massive market for Oracle DBA's
- There may be a greater market for other things.
- You may need to be very careful of Oracle Database licensing and you don't foul of it.
- You might do good to look at WDP .....
- DBA's need authorised training to get OCP / OCM certifications.