This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2013 6:07 AM by SunilSharma RSS

OBIEE 11G  11.1.1.6.0 installation error

ssk1974 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I am trying to install 11g and I am hitting this error. Windows 64 bit. I tried cleaning up the repository by dropping it and recreating and then installing, but still I am stuck at 47% and I am getting the following message "Installation Failed" "OUI Session Failed" "invalid entry CRC(expected 0x124fe1e4 but got 0x1ed43351). Please help with suggestions.

Thanks for your time and help.
  • 1. Re: OBIEE 11G  11.1.1.6.0 installation error
    864639 Explorer
    Please provide OS details, its Windows 2008, Windows7 ?

Which Install option you have selected - Enterprise ?

Is this your first Install on the machine ?

FYI ... OBIEE 11.1.1.7.0 is now available.

Thanks.
  • 2. Re: OBIEE 11G  11.1.1.6.0 installation error
    ssk1974 Newbie
    windows 7, Enterprise install. Yes first install in teh machine. I have to install 11.6 as that is what we use at work and I want to match the same. Please let me know how to proceed with the install.

Thank you.
  • 3. Re: OBIEE 11G  11.1.1.6.0 installation error
    SunilSharma Expert
    invalid CRC error means like a bad file or bad extraction so try to
    Download and install OBI 11G again, and also review the following additional steps.

1) Download the file again and ensure that the downloaded file size matches the file size expected.
    If the file is not the expected size, you may want to try temporarily disabling anti-virus software or downloading on a UNIX machine first.

2) If you download on a UNIX machine, ensure that you FTP the file over to the Windows machine in BINARY mode.

3) Try extracting / unzipping the software using a different unzip utility from WinZip.
    ( for example: try 7-zip ).

4) When extracting, ensure that you have enough space to extract and also ensure that you have adequate temporary space. For the temporary space directory on Windows, review the environment variables TEMP and TMP.

5) Ensure that the Windows user has full Administration privileges.

if the same installer works in another machine then might be problem with your machine try to remove all the components and do a fresh install hope it might be helpful

thanks

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points