This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
Which Oracle client do you have installed, specifically? Also, are you using Oracle.DataAccess.Client in your code, or System.Data.OracleClient?
The normal configuration in this case would be to set ConfigurationManager's build options to x86 to build a 32 bit application on a 64 bit OS. It likely worked in WPF anyway because Visual Studio is 32 bit, but IIS (which hosts the web application) is 64 bit. So you need to be explicit.
I am using System.Data.Client.
I believe the version is the 32-bit version. The DLL is located in the folder \Framework\v2.05727/System.Data.OracleClient.
Also, I set my IIS Application-Application Pool option, Enable 32-bit Applications to 'True'.
I changed the Configuration Manager setting from 'AnyCPU' to 'x86' and get the same error.
Thanks for replying,
Edited by: 1005253 on May 13, 2013 4:51 AM
Alright, it sounds like something is going wrong between System.Data.OracleClient and it's attempt to load an Oracle client.
Unfotunately System.Data.OracleClient is a depreciated Microsoft provided driver, so I'm not sure what its doing or how to help you with it.
If you wanted to switch over fully to the Oracle driver, you'd need to remove that reference, add one to Oracle.DataAccess, and change your code appropriately. That's more work, but might solve the issue.