This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2013 8:38 AM by Cheney Shue RSS

Can install fusion apps in single computer?

Cheney Shue Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I want to install fusion apps in my pc to learn. Reading the installation guide, I found it need IAM, and required IAM in a separated computer. That means I need two PCs at least. Can I install in one or skip IAM?
  • 1. Re: Can install fusion apps in single computer?
    Oliver Steinmeier Explorer
    Hello Cheney,

welcome and thanks for your question. A single computer is not going to be a problem by itself, but the typical PCs you might be thinking of probably doesn't have enough memory (RAM) and CPU power to support a Fusion Applications install.

Regards,
    Oliver
    Fusion Apps Developer Relations
    https://blogs.oracle.com/fadevrel
  • 2. Re: Can install fusion apps in single computer?
    Cheney Shue Newbie
    Oliver,
    Thanks for your answer. I use a computer with i7 cpu and 32g ram. Is it enough for personal learning?
    As you said, single computer is ok. However, how? Install IAM and fusion apps in the same computer, or get rid of IAM?

Thanks,
    Cheney
  • 3. Re: Can install fusion apps in single computer?
    Oliver Steinmeier Explorer
    I don't believe that 32 GB is going to be enough to get a complete Fusion install to work (but I have personally never attempted to do that). Are you trying to learn how to build extensions/customizations, or are you more looking at the usage/implementation of the Fusion Apps system? We customize/develop on much smaller machines every day, running JDeveloper, WLS, a database, ... but they only run the pieces of the techstack and applications that we need for a given task, and the Fusion Apps installer and install process just aren't designed to cater for a very selective deployment of components.

Regards,
    Oliver
    Fusion Apps Developer Relations
    https://blogs.oracle.com/fadevrel
  • 4. Re: Can install fusion apps in single computer?
    Cheney Shue Newbie
    I want to learn the functionarities and usage of fusion apps. I have found some meterials for installation. That isn't a problem now. As you said, I will not install whole stack in one machine for my study.

Thanks,
    Cheney

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points