Can you please help me in tuning the data retrieval . The retrieval in excel is taking lot of time. In the outline , there are two dimensions which have somany members in it.
I changed the settings on caches as well.
Index file size : 8000KB
Page size : 9000KB
Index cache : 10000KB
DataCache : 4200000KB
Hit ratio for Index 1.0 , data cache : 0.97
Please let me know how i can get the results fast in the excel ?
1. Order your dimensions' positions into: dense dimensions across columns, sparse dimensions in your rows.
2. Turn off Preserve Formulas setting
3. Turn off Style and Column width adjustments settings
4. Avoid retrieving unnecessary Dynamic Calc members (esp. from Sparse dim)
5. Try to retrieve in a fast network (or inside the server if possible) to check whether it was caused by the slow network
6. Optimize your outline's dimension positions and settings
Thanks William , I have made the following settings but couldnt see the difference in performnace . See , my main concren is to retreive the data fastly. I am not worrying abt calculations .
Does Hourglass model helps in improving the data retreival ? .