2 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2013 3:39 AM by AndyH RSS

Restful post with X-APEX-STATUS-CODE parameter

Klaus Linhard
      Hello,
      iam running APEX 4.2.1 with APEX Listener 2.0... and have defined a restful post webservice with X-APEX-STATUS-CODE parameter (see following link)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74957972/parameters.png

Now i want to create a "Web Service Reference" and after that i want to create a form "Form and Report on Web Service"

"Web Service Reference":
      First question is has the X-APEX-STATUS-CODE parameter to be defined as
      "REST Output Parameter" or a "REST HTTP Header"

If i define it as "REST HTTP Header" then APEX complains by creating "Form and Report on Web Service" that there is now Output Parameter
      If i define it as "REST Output Parameter" i can create the "Form and Report on Web Service" but get no response (201) from the service after post.

What am i doing wrong ?

The definition of service itself was proposed in the Application Listener Forum. Here i thought that the source type of the output parameter should be "Response Body" but in the forum they told me it has to be "HTTP Header". But as i said, when i define the source type of the out parameter as "HTTP Header" i cannot get it run.

Thanks very much for your help !

-- Klaus
        • 1. Re: Restful post with X-APEX-STATUS-CODE parameter
          Klaus Linhard
          Do nobody have any comment on my question ?

Thanks again for your helo !

-- Klaus
          • 2. Re: Restful post with X-APEX-STATUS-CODE parameter
            AndyH
            Klaus Linhard wrote:
            Hello,
            iam running APEX 4.2.1 with APEX Listener 2.0... and have defined a restful post webservice with X-APEX-STATUS-CODE parameter (see following link)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74957972/parameters.png

Now i want to create a "Web Service Reference" and after that i want to create a form "Form and Report on Web Service"

"Web Service Reference":
            First question is has the X-APEX-STATUS-CODE parameter to be defined as
            "REST Output Parameter" or a "REST HTTP Header"

If i define it as "REST HTTP Header" then APEX complains by creating "Form and Report on Web Service" that there is now Output Parameter
            It should be a "REST HTTP Header".

Have you tried accessing the interface outside of APEX e.g. using curl?

I can't offer any further advice as I've not used APEX to access an interface that uses 'POST' and redirection. I'm guessing that the Output Parameter that the form is complaining about is the one at the redirected location?