2 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2013 6:32 AM by 988098 RSS

Managed ODP.NET Beta 2 authentication issue

Hi,

I'm trying to migrate my project to managed ODP.NET (beta 2) and everything works fine with database authenticated users, but managed driver doesn't want to work with "password based global user" authenticated users (ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied).

Is it a bug in managed driver or I do need to do some extra configuration? There's no problem with auth using "old" ODP.NET.

Oracle version is 11.2.0.2.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Managed ODP.NET Beta 2 authentication issue
          User609738-Oracle
          Hi Alexey,

You said that it works fine with old (Unmanaged) ODP.NET so I have a couple of questions about it:

1) What is the connection string (what all attributes you used) you are using with Unmanaged ODP.NET?
          2) How did you setup the global user in the DB?
          3) Any other steps you performed which could help me make it work with Unmanaged ODP.NET.

If I am able to make it work with Unmanaged ODP.NET then it would help me diagnose the issue with Managed ODP.NET.

Thanks,
          Arun
          • 2. Re: Managed ODP.NET Beta 2 authentication issue
            Hi Arun,

1. My connection string looks like "Data Source=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(PORT=<port>)(HOST=<host>)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=<sn>)));Persist Security Info=True;User ID=<my_global_user>;Password=<my_pwd>;".
            2. This is the question I'm unable to answer, but I think it's somehow related to my Windows domain account. We have a "black box" kind of tool, that delegates these global user accounts to employees. I don't know internal implementation of this tool.
            3. Actually, before the issue with managed ODP.NET I've never experienced any issues with global user accounts, unmanaged ODP.NET, Oracle client, TOAD, PL/SQL Developer - everything works fine, like with a normal database user.

Thanks,
            Alexey